Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Well I received my back ordered purple S9 today. 

I Plan to Stick Around

When Will Rogers add or have the 128gb and 256gb phone variety of the Samsung S9?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If history is any indication - Never unfortunately
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @goedhard

Unfortunately they will not. They never bring those models down here. It's not Rogers controlling this either. It's Samsung Canada.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @goedhard

Unfortunately they will not. They never bring those models down here. It's not Rogers controlling this either. It's Samsung Canada.

That is why I never buy Canadian phones. I bought the Exynos version unlocked with 128G. You also get to have a better color selection and get patches much more quickly. I have been on the May patches for over a week now.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah but the downside is warranty and VoLTE - The upside is of course Unlocked Bootloader - TWRP and Custom Roms if you want 🐧
I Plan to Stick Around

also you can go with project treble with the international version, dont know why Samsung Canada decided to go back to the snapdragon with the 8's and 9's. Hoping that they switch back with the note 9 or s10.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just read this article https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-dual-VoLTE-dual-VoWi-Fi_id105535 so @RogersRoland first question to you and upper management, does the Galaxy S9/S9+ Support Volte/Wifi calling already or do they need a future update and second question, will Rogers commit to supporting Non Rogers Devices with these features as I have a Galaxy S9 but because I didn't buy it through Rogers you guys are blocking features my phone is very well capable of !!!
I Plan to Stick Around

This is reminding me of the Nexus 6P I got from Roger's and they never supported volte even though Nexus 6P was way more then capable of volte.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @steveburke23,

I can certainly understand the interest in our VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling service. I can confirm that both features are enabled on if the device was purchased from Rogers.

In the case of devices purchased outside of Rogers, we cannot guarantee the full performance and service of devices that have not been tested on our network. One factor is simply because of differences in configuration. Although this information may not be ideal for your case, I do hope it helped alleviate some of your concerns.

RogersRoland