cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new S9 and S9+ devices! Sorry for the late post! However due to some issues I was late to make it. Here it is!

Launch date is March 16th.

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S9 and S9+ Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the S9 and S9+ please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help! 🙂

***Edited Labels***
128 REPLIES 128

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

ufojoe
I'm here a lot

Hmm, I feel like I got burned.  Maybe I should stop doing my business at this particular store.  I did get the wireless charging stand but they wouldn't do the $150 bonus for the S3 which has a Rogers value of $10.

Sandra9
I've been around
I’m number 157 on the list for a s9 plus purple. When should I get mine

Ufojoe: minimum trade in on s8/s8+ for the $150 credit offered last year was s4 so I don't think it was anything the store did specifically.

Did anyone else reserve the wrong device? Thought I reserved an s9+ but turned out to be an s9. Whoops!

IainS
I plan to stick around

yup got my phone delivered yesterday on release date, running great and there is an update out of the box, so make sure to update, has camera improvements. so far so good. Also of note the S8's will be getting oreo on the 19th of this month and even though its not posted on the os upgrade schedule the note8's will also be getting oreo before the end of the month via rogers.

Thanks for the info @Tyler00, I didn't follow the upgrade threads last year so good to know.

I guess I was trying to make the point that it sounds like some stores have their own rules/interpretations on this offer.  @sabesh posted about getting the credit for a phone that the store I went to would not have accepted.  This goes back to posts #26 and #27 in this thread where the question was asked about what was eligible for the trade-in offer.

dougirwin
I've been here awhile

From my experience they will normally take it to the nearest UPS Access point or UPS store. Check the tracking number on their website and you should get the updated info.

Olegplanets
I've been here awhile

On March 3rd I placed a pre-order for galaxy s9. I received an email confirmation but no order number. I tried checking with rogers but no one can find my order. They said because it was a pre order they don't see it on my account. How's that possible? The order is not recorded absolutely anywhere even though I got a confirmation email?

Travhall44
I plan to stick around
I love this s9+! It really is something. Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs 👍

A question for you @Meowmix: I purchased my s9 through the authorized dealer on a tab. They were not participating in the trade up program ($150 + trade in value). Here's the question, can I visit a corporate store for the trade in and have this offer honored?

Hello and Welcome to the Community Robot Happy!

Olegplanets, do you have a Consumer or Business account? Did you choose the ship-to-store option or ship-to-home? You will be notified once a tracking number is available. I hope you enjoy the new phone.

@Travhall44, I'm glad you're loving the new phone. A trade in and upgrade must be completed in the same transaction at a participating location for the offer to be applied. 

Hope this helps~

RogersZia

Olegplanets
I've been here awhile
I have a business account. I chose to ship to home. As everybody already got their phones, it doesn't look I will be getting mine. Unless they mixed up my addresses, because I chose different shipping address from my billing address. How nobody can see me having placed the order is very strange. I know I did it 100%. But somehow I don't think I will get my phone. Now I tried to go to my account and upgrade my device to order another time, but when I do that, the price of my plan becomes $20 more expensive.

When you ship to home, you have to pay for the device upfront before finishing the order. What happened with the payment?

IainS
I plan to stick around

when ship to home you have a choice of paying at time of order or paying it on your next bill, if you chose next bill it wont show on your account until your next cycle.

Tyler00
I'm here a lot
Is this something you did? Must be new as I've never had that option in the reservation system. The FAQ also disagrees with you: 'pick up in store?

When you make a pre-order or backorder that will ship to your home, you select your device and plan. Payment is taken upfront and the device will ship to the address of your choice as soon inventory becomes available. This means from the time of ordering you have paid for and committed to your new device.'

Could be out of date if it's new part of the reservation system I suppose.

Olegplanets
I've been here awhile
There was a choice to put the charges on the next bill and that is what I did. I guess my only option is to wait. Still weird how there are no records of my pre-order.

IainS
I plan to stick around

you do not have to pay up front with ship to home, there are 2 options, one is pay now and the other is pay on next bill cycle. Has been that way for at least a year now.

plskalle
I've been here awhile

When will it be available in the cool blue colour?

Purple and grey seem boring.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @plskalle

Unfortunately at this moment no carrier in Canada has released those colors. Samsung Canada makes the decision on when colors get released. Stay tuned!

goedhard
I plan to stick around
When will volte and vowifi work for the Samsung Galaxy S9 's?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @goedhard

Doesn't it work for u? My buddy with his on Rogers works just fine. He also lives in Oshawa.

Anyone else doesn't have theirs working?

goedhard
I plan to stick around
My VoLTE and VoWiFi does not work and the phone came from Roger's.

I'm up in Orleans, Ottawa

I was told by Tech Support that others are having the problem also

aaronw
I've been here awhile
Any word on how long the purple variant of the s9 plus is backordered for?
Topic Stats