Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Mines' out for delivery with UPS as well, but no one will be home till after 5. 😞 No idea where I may have to pick it up.

I've Been Here Awhile

I recommend checking online for the most convenient UPS access point, and request for them to hold your package there. That's my strategy. Now I can swing by and pick it up on the way home. Hope that's some helpful advice!
I'm Here A Lot

I knew it was too good to be true...  I just did the in-store hardware upgrade and they wouldn't accept either of the old phones I brought in for the trade-in bonus (an old flip phone and a Galaxy S3).  They said the phone had to have at least a $25 trade-in value so that would have meant an S5 or newer.  Ah well, I figured there'd be a catch when the bonus offer was talking about "select" phones.

I Plan to Stick Around

I traded in an HTC One X and got a $150 discount. The Rogers value for the phone is $5, but Samsung trade in agreement was in effect over that. Also got the gift (wireless charging stand).
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hmm, I feel like I got burned.  Maybe I should stop doing my business at this particular store.  I did get the wireless charging stand but they wouldn't do the $150 bonus for the S3 which has a Rogers value of $10.

I've Been Around

I’m number 157 on the list for a s9 plus purple. When should I get mine
I'm Here A Lot

Ufojoe: minimum trade in on s8/s8+ for the $150 credit offered last year was s4 so I don't think it was anything the store did specifically.

Did anyone else reserve the wrong device? Thought I reserved an s9+ but turned out to be an s9. Whoops!
I Plan to Stick Around

yup got my phone delivered yesterday on release date, running great and there is an update out of the box, so make sure to update, has camera improvements. so far so good. Also of note the S8's will be getting oreo on the 19th of this month and even though its not posted on the os upgrade schedule the note8's will also be getting oreo before the end of the month via rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the info @Tyler00, I didn't follow the upgrade threads last year so good to know.

I guess I was trying to make the point that it sounds like some stores have their own rules/interpretations on this offer.  @sabesh posted about getting the credit for a phone that the store I went to would not have accepted.  This goes back to posts #26 and #27 in this thread where the question was asked about what was eligible for the trade-in offer.

I've Been Here Awhile

From my experience they will normally take it to the nearest UPS Access point or UPS store. Check the tracking number on their website and you should get the updated info.