Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @Felipetoronto

The bonus I believe comes straight from Samsung. ( Fill in a application with the IMEI number via the My Samsung account with the IMEI and pre order receipt) like we did with the S8 and Note 8 bonuses. So it's most likely like this.
I'm Here A Lot

I preordered from Samsung. They said you can bring in any old device (does not need to be in working condition) and you get $150 off plus resale value (if phone works). I was also told we get our phones a day or so early at a launch party that they will be throwing. I'm going from the Note 8 to the S9. I found the Note to be too big and too heavy for me.

There was no mention of a charger for us making me think it's a Rogers thing but I'm not sure.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Phoneaddict

Thats from Samsung... Not Rogers. Rogers does NOT do double trade in amounts. Never have they done that. Samsung however has.

The charger is only from Rogers. So that bonus will only be given from Rogers and not Samsung. All other carriers including Samsung are offering the trade in value instead.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have purchased every Samsung S line phone since the S2 with the exception of the S4. I will not be purchasing the S9 this time around. Incremental updates don't cut it since the cost of the phones are over $1k now. My note 8 is an awesome phone and will have to survive until the Note 9 comes out but only if it fixes the fingerprint issues by placing it on the front and not on the back. I read that Samsung believes the S9 will outsell the S8. I have my doubts with the cost sitting at $1100. Also, what's with only offering Purple or Grey??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SwordFish99

Agreed. The pricing is a turn of concidering that the S8 and S8 Plus costed nearly that and most just got that one within the past year. Not many will go ahead with this. We shall see.

I guess they realized many complained about the Black color always being a option so they removed the and just out silver and purple. Most likely black will come in a couple of months.
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else had problems choosing their store for the reserved S9 to be shipped to? I live near Orangeville and the only option i have is to ship to an authorized dealer, but there is a corporate Rogers literally across the street! Is the reservation system broken or incomplete?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Travhall44

Sometimes it depends on if that location wants to be added on the reservation list. It's up to each store that is listed. It could also be that the reservation list may be having some issues as sometimes it does.

Do the authorized store for now. If u see its added before it changes to ( IN PROGRESS) then change it over.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meowmix (:

I'm just concerned.. if I have to use the AD, could there be any issues trading my old device in or receiving the wireless charger? Or even an extended wait time, as mentioned earlier?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Travhall44

Just speak to the store manager of that location and see what they say. The pre order gifts will be given no matter what location you send it too. As for the the timing? It may affect it by a day or so but lately they have been really fast.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you @Meowmix !

I will definitely call and see what they say and will update here. Your reassurance is greatly appreciated! 🤜🤛