Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Hey Community,

Just received word that the previously announced OS upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ has been delayed ever further. Samsung has decided to bundle it into a larger upgrade for their May update. We will continue to update the community as new information comes.

RogersRoland

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! Although it's disappointing for anyone who is experiencing the black crush / colour banding issues! I know that it's hoped that the Bug Fix update would resolve the issue. 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland thank you for keeping us updated ,good to hear we will be getting the latest security update as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersRoland is there any update or timeline for when our phones will be updates?

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @AP13,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums.

We've gotten a few requests on an update and unfortunately there hasn't been any change from the earlier posted information. We will update everyone once we hear something new. 

Stay posted!

RogersRoland

FYI - Samsung Canada via Samsung Members has posted an updated version of the OTA schedule for various devices - ie:There WAS a Scheduled Security Patch Update OTA for the S8/S8+ for May 22nd - Samsung Canada has revised the date to May 29th for this device - See the attached link for the other devices including the S9/S9+ https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA#/latest_post?categoryId=1&postId=302471

I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk thanks for the info.

Well no Maintenance or Security Patch updates this morning for the SM-G965W (S9+)... Still running with the February Security Patch! The U.S. S9+ received it's last Security Patch update OTA April 12th... This is fist since the U.S. variant is the same Hardware with the same Snapdragon processor... Now the, 29th of May & we are just a week away from Google releasing the June Security Patch... Uhm....

I Plan to Stick Around

i am gonna go out on a limb here and say it will be available around the 5th of June.

I Plan to Stick Around

all US phones are still running with the feb security patch officially, some have been able to take theres to may using odin and a pulled tmobile update.