Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Hey @shaggyskunk,

That's great to hear. Keep us updated if anyone else is not receiving the update. 

RogersRoland

I've Been Around

What's the deal with S9 and S9+ updates? Looking at the OS Upgrade Schedule, they're not listed as getting the October update at all?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersRoland Wondering why the Rogers OS update Schedule hasn't been updated in about 3 weeks for any device?
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we've encountered a delay in receiving the updates. We will update the OS upgrade schedule once everything is resolved.

Thank you again for your patience.

RogersRoland

Thanks for the information 👍🐧
Retired Moderator

Hey @shaggyskunk,

We were finally able to resolve the issue and have the latest OS updates posted.

For the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus,  it should've received the October Security update as of November 11, 2018.

RogersRoland

Thanks @RogersRoland! I tried clicking on the "like" but it doesn't seem to be working for me 👍🐧

Noticed that Fido is showing an OTA Update for the S9 series on November 26th. Since Rogers owns Fido can we expect the same to be released by Rogers? Thanks 🐧

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

@rogersdarell
Seems that Fido has an OTA for the S9 series on November 26th https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

Would I be correct in thinking that Rogers will also be pushing the OTA on the 26th for the S9 series, as Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers? 🐧

@RogersRoland - Don't know if Rogers is having issues again with the OS Update Schedule - But it's been another 2 weeks since the Rogers Site was updated - Fido's on the other hand has been...
Regardless The November 1st Security Patch OTA was received this morning 11/28 for the S9+ (SM-G965W) 🐧