Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Yes - And Shocked that it's the exact same size as the OTAs for all the other Canadian Carriers that pushed the July OTA on July 2nd.....a week ago... lol 😂

My update was 436.87 Meg BTW for S9+ (SM-G965W) But the size of the OTA will depend on whether or not you were able to receive the June 4th OTA that not everyone did 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

This is from the Samsung website

Build Number : G965WVLU2ARF7
Android version : Oreo(Android 8.0.0)
Release Date : 2018-07-09
· The performance of Camera has been improved
· The stability of Device has been improved.
· The security of your device has been improved.

I Plan to Stick Around

yeah Dont really know why Rogers took an extra week to push out the same firmware, Also my LGV30 phone is still sitting on March security update and posted date was today for an update, but nothing.

@RogersRoland Wondering why the Security Patch Update OTA for the S8/S8+ is delayed until August 20th and there's no mention of the August Security Patch update OTA for the S9/S9+?
Samsung Members Canada shows that BOTH are available August 13th.

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @shaggyskunk,

Our team gets updates mostly on a weekly basic. In terms of delay, we can only imagine that they are related to further testing. This infographic should best describe the OS Upgrade process here at Rogers.

Hope this helps!

RogersRoland

Thanks @RogersRoland Yes I understand the process, but still wondering why Bell, SaskTel & Virgin have pushed the August 13th Security Patch update OTA for the S8/S8+ considering it's the exact same Firmware used by all the Canadian Carriers....
You might have missed my other question, why is there no mention of the August Security Patch update OTA for the S9/S9+ in Rogers OS Update Schedule that was also released by Samsung Canada?
Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @shaggyskunk,

As mentioned previously, our team gets weekly updates on upcoming OS updates. If it is not posted on the list/schedule, it means we have not received any relevant information on it.

Not the most ideal response, but it is all we've got Smiley Sad

RogersRoland

Uhm - Note 5 - S6 - S8/S8+ scheduled to receive the August Security Patch OTAs according to Rogers latest OS Update Schedule:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1/pri...

Still no mention of the S9/S9+ even though Samsung Members shows that BOTH the S8/S8+ & S9/S9+ August Security Patch was released by Samsung on August 13th.... Never mind that Bell - SaskTel - Virgin & even Belarus pushed the August Security Patch update OTA on the 13th as Samsung indicated....
Yeah I know "testing testing testing"... These are Security Patch updates - They're not OS updates to different Android versions or even Fixes...
https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

I Plan to Stick Around

It's really disappointing how Rogers always seem to be behind when it comes to updates. I get that there's testing to be done, yet other Providers seem to somehow manage. Honestly, this sucks.