cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

IainS
I plan to stick around

Has anyone received the March security and bugfix release that was supposed to be released on the 16th??? USA carriers are already releasing april security patches, why is Rogers always so far behind on these releases and how come KUDO from the previous post is running newer firmware ARC1 and not the ARB that rogers is running.

160 REPLIES 160

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
Thanks @RogersRoland! I tried clicking on the "like" but it doesn't seem to be working for me 👍🐧

shaggyskunk
Noticed that Fido is showing an OTA Update for the S9 series on November 26th. Since Rogers owns Fido can we expect the same to be released by Rogers? Thanks 🐧

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

shaggyskunk
@rogersdarell
Seems that Fido has an OTA for the S9 series on November 26th https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

Would I be correct in thinking that Rogers will also be pushing the OTA on the 26th for the S9 series, as Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers? 🐧

shaggyskunk
@RogersRoland - Don't know if Rogers is having issues again with the OS Update Schedule - But it's been another 2 weeks since the Rogers Site was updated - Fido's on the other hand has been...
Regardless The November 1st Security Patch OTA was received this morning 11/28 for the S9+ (SM-G965W) 🐧

shaggyskunk
Wondering why there's no information regarding the March Security Patch OTA for the S9+?
The Note9 is showing an OTA on April 8th & nothing for the S9+?

shaggyskunk
Still no information regarding the March Security Patch OTA for the S9+....
Some regions - including a number of the US Carriers have pushed the March Security Patch (but not all) - So we are left to speculate that there's a problem with the update?
Presumably Rogers might have some idea from Samsung if there is in fact a problem?
Would be nice to have some information any way... 🐧

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Looks like we'll get our update May 7th. It says April Update so I am guessing we'll get the March one along with it, too.

shaggyskunk

Looks like the April Security Patch OTA for the S9 series created some issues for some people! There's two Night Mode QS Tiles & one of them Crashes - Along with frequent reports of "Settings has Stopped"! The fix is twofold - Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache AND edit the QS Tiles & remove the one that Crashes from the QS Tiles View 🕊

On another note - Rogers hasn't updated the Scheduled OS Update Schedule for two weeks & Telus has posted the scheduled OS Update for the S10+ showing the OTA will be available May 28th 🐧

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

shaggyskunk

Kinda sad that Fido has updated their OS Update Schedule on May 24th - But Rogers (the parent company) hasn't in over 2 weeks?
Looks like the tail IS wagging the dog...
I'd expect more from Rogers given the premium Cell & Data Fees Rogers charges...

Good day @shaggyskunk,

Thanks for your posts!

The OS Upgrade Schedule has now been updated!

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions.

RogersMaude

shaggyskunk

Thanks @RogersMaude for the reply! While the OS Update Schedule has been updated to show the May Security Patch OTA being available this morning - It doesn't seem to actually be available? 🐧

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Looks like another update is late. Says that the S9+ should get an update today but I haven't received anything yet.

Good evening @Skladman,

Thanks for your post! I understand you're expecting to download the June Security Update, for your Samsung Galaxy S9 +.

Have you received a prompt for it, since you posted?

Keep in mind that OS updates roll out in batches, starting with a small percentage of all devices in the first 24-48 hours. The percentage of updated devices goes to 100% over a period of 1-2 weeks.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

RogersMaude

shaggyskunk
Actually - OTA Updates do NOT "roll out in batches" - But that's beside the point - Rogers - Along with other Carriers & even Manufacturers are under this misconception! It's not the fault of any of the CSRs - It's almost the universal responsibility of Management & incorrect training 🐧

oildale
I've been here awhile
So here's a question... Why no night mode camera for us? Don't get me wrong. I'm actually quite happy and very, VERY surprised (shocked to the core to be perfectly honest) that we actually have the June update IN June, but the night mode camera was really the only thing I was really looking forward to. The habitually late security releases coupled with features being removed from updates really has me thinking I will just completely jump ship, no more Samsung and no more Rogers when my current contract is up.

Is there an update for the August 5th, Security patch level for the Samsung Galaxy S9+?

There was a recent security vulnerability released by Android on certain devices, and corporate groups are now starting to block remote email access unless they are patched to this recent level.

Hey @JAudi23,

Congrats on your first post! 🙂

Presently, we do not have any information to share, but please do continue to keep a close eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule for any updates! You can also have a look at the Upgrade Process found on the same board if you'd like to get a better idea of how it all works.

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Thanks for the reply, tech support on chat also pointed me there, however the issue is that posting does not even mention the Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone.

I feel that Rogers needs to be more transparent with their past, current and future update schedules so we as customers can at least get a feel for the timing in order to set expectations.

shaggyskunk
Wondering if it's just because Rogers OS Update Schedule is only up to the 12th of December, and that's why we don't see any information about One UI V2.0 for the S10 series?
Telus posted their OS Update Schedule & it's showing the 16th of December for the release of One UI V2.0

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566

I noticed all the other providers in canada have received the last security updates

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus/firmware/SM-G965W/

Any reason Rogers/Fido has not been released yet?

Thanks

Hello, @notmyrealname1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to ensure your device is up-to-date with the monthly security updates. The Samsung S9/S9+ devices received the December security update on December 19th. There is a batched rollout process but it should all be completed now. 

Please double-check the current security update on your device and let us know if you are still on the November update. You can see what updates are coming in the future in our OS Upgrade Schedule.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats