cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

IainS
I plan to stick around

Has anyone received the March security and bugfix release that was supposed to be released on the 16th??? USA carriers are already releasing april security patches, why is Rogers always so far behind on these releases and how come KUDO from the previous post is running newer firmware ARC1 and not the ARB that rogers is running.

160 REPLIES 160

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor

Thanks @RogersRoland Yes I understand the process, but still wondering why Bell, SaskTel & Virgin have pushed the August 13th Security Patch update OTA for the S8/S8+ considering it's the exact same Firmware used by all the Canadian Carriers....
You might have missed my other question, why is there no mention of the August Security Patch update OTA for the S9/S9+ in Rogers OS Update Schedule that was also released by Samsung Canada?
Thanks

Hey @shaggyskunk,

As mentioned previously, our team gets weekly updates on upcoming OS updates. If it is not posted on the list/schedule, it means we have not received any relevant information on it.

Not the most ideal response, but it is all we've got 😞

RogersRoland

shaggyskunk

shaggyskunk

Uhm - Note 5 - S6 - S8/S8+ scheduled to receive the August Security Patch OTAs according to Rogers latest OS Update Schedule:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/message-id/1/pri...

Still no mention of the S9/S9+ even though Samsung Members shows that BOTH the S8/S8+ & S9/S9+ August Security Patch was released by Samsung on August 13th.... Never mind that Bell - SaskTel - Virgin & even Belarus pushed the August Security Patch update OTA on the 13th as Samsung indicated....
Yeah I know "testing testing testing"... These are Security Patch updates - They're not OS updates to different Android versions or even Fixes...
https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

Skladman
I plan to stick around

It's really disappointing how Rogers always seem to be behind when it comes to updates. I get that there's testing to be done, yet other Providers seem to somehow manage. Honestly, this sucks.

Skladman
I plan to stick around

We're finally getting an update. August security update on September 3rd.

shaggyskunk

Well according to Rogers OS update Schedule - There was supposed to be the September Security Patch OTA this morning for S9/S9+.... but?

Skladman
I plan to stick around

Yeah, I am not sure what happened to that. It's already the morning of the 25th and I still don't see the security patch...

shaggyskunk
Doesn't look like any of the Canadian Carriers have pushed the September Security Patch & in the US only Verizon has pushed it for the S9+.
It does get tiresome when posted OTA dates are very rarely accurate, we're talking about Security Patch updates & not Android version updates, so there would seem to be little reason for the delays. 🐧

shaggyskunk
@RogersRoland When there's a deviation from the originally scheduled OTA - It would be great if Rogers updated the OS update Schedule - ie: The S9+ was scheduled to receive the September Security Patch OTA on the 24th of September - While most people will understand that there can be delays or changes - Instead of being left to wonder what's going on - A simple update to the OS Update Schedule would be helpful 🐧

Hey @shaggyskunk,

We haven't received any updates regarding a change to the scheduled rollout date for the Samsung S9 or S9+. My initial response was that it is a gradual rollout, but I reconfirmed with our contacts just incase. 

Aside from @shaggyskunk and @Skladman, are their anyone else in the Community experiencing the same issue?

RogersRoland

daniel10
I plan to stick around
No one has the update yet, and your social media team is clueless I've been talking on Twitter (@habs_fan__ ) the past few days and they say the robotic reply of check the community forums lol, yet in the forums you guys show it being apparently out.

Ps I could attach screenshots from Twitter but this fourm doesn't have that feature 😞

shaggyskunk
Exactly! 🐧

shaggyskunk
@RogersRoland Well according to sammobile.com - None of the Canadian Carriers have pushed the September Security Patch & No one on Samsung Members has received the September 24th Security Patch OTA either?
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s9-plus/SM-G965W/

So it would appear that although Rogers posted on the Rogers OS Update Schedule that the September Security Patch OTA was scheduled for the 24th it hasn't happened?

🐧

shaggyskunk
@RogersRoland Finally received the September 24th Security Patch OTA for the S9+ SM-G965W this morning ~ 7:30 am 👍🐧

Hey @shaggyskunk,

That's great to hear. Keep us updated if anyone else is not receiving the update. 

RogersRoland

oildale
I've been here awhile

What's the deal with S9 and S9+ updates? Looking at the OS Upgrade Schedule, they're not listed as getting the October update at all?

shaggyskunk
@RogersRoland Wondering why the Rogers OS update Schedule hasn't been updated in about 3 weeks for any device?

Hey Community,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we've encountered a delay in receiving the updates. We will update the OS upgrade schedule once everything is resolved.

Thank you again for your patience.

RogersRoland

shaggyskunk
Thanks for the information 👍🐧

Hey @shaggyskunk,

We were finally able to resolve the issue and have the latest OS updates posted.

For the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus,  it should've received the October Security update as of November 11, 2018.

RogersRoland

Topic Stats