cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

IainS
I plan to stick around

Has anyone received the March security and bugfix release that was supposed to be released on the 16th??? USA carriers are already releasing april security patches, why is Rogers always so far behind on these releases and how come KUDO from the previous post is running newer firmware ARC1 and not the ARB that rogers is running.

160 REPLIES 160

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor

Yeah I imagine it'll include the June Security Patch for those devices that haven't received it - Some OTAs may also include additional bug fixes - We'll know better from the size of the OTA 🐧

shaggyskunk

Yeah and Samsung Canada has pushed the July 2nd OTA off until July 9th now... Samsung really seems to be struggling with OTAs for their current "flagship"..... Makes me think that Samsung is stretched beyond their ability to provide what should be their priority...

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

shaggyskunk

Samsung S9+ July 2nd OTA have has been pushed back to July 9th according to Samsung Members - No explanation or other information at this time🐧

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

shaggyskunk

@RogersRoland Just wondering Why Bell/Virgin (even Belarus) pushed the OTA for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955W) yesterday and there's nothing available from Rogers until the 9th of July?
I realize that this is the S9+ Forum - But honestly Rogers Community Forum is as slow as molasses in January...
Thanks

Galaxy S9 Software Update?

Has anyone received a software update in July 2018 stating that the update will improve camera performance, etc?

My wife's Galaxy S9+ on the Bell network received one last night.

squallw810
I've been here awhile

I just got a brand new s9 plus from Rogers. Its still on Feb security patch. I tried updating it but there's nothing. I understand there is a June patch coming soon but wasnt there any earlier patches that I should be seeing?

shaggyskunk

Yeah there was a June 4th OTA but it was Pulled almost immediately - I did manage to get it before it was removed - And I haven't had any issues - Still no explanation as to why it was pulled... July 9th OTA is still scheduled for the 9th from Rogers although Bell & others have released it last week... Rogers explanation is weak at best as to why they haven't released it at the same time as other Carriers...

shaggyskunk

I believe that Bell's was actually available since the 2nd of July... it's also on sammobile.com since the 2nd 🐧

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Does your WiFi calling or VoLTE work?

daniel10
I plan to stick around

Mine does.. it only works if you purchased the device from Roger's if not Roger's blocks it from working

shaggyskunk

Yup - Both. For WiFi Calling you have to enable it from the Dialer Settings - 3 Dot menu top right - For VoLTE - Settings - Connections - Mobile Network - Toggle VoLTE to On 🐧

For some reason if you bought the phone directly from Samsung - Neither will work... Apparently?

revhappy
I plan to stick around

I definitely bought it from Rogers but it doesn't work. I am aware in previous pages of this thread there are other subscribers in the same boat as me. Just wanted to see where the numbers are in terms of those with the feature working vs. not working.

shaggyskunk

Did you get a new SIM card with the phone? If you're using an older SIM that might be the problem? 🐧

goedhard
I plan to stick around

My previous one didn't work so I exchanged it for another one. My reason was, the first Sim that went in was from my other Carriere and it somehow configured itself up for the other Carriere koodo via software. Then after my exchange I popped in the Rogers SIM card for the first time and everything worked. My reason for exchanging was my touch screen was flaky. Rogers also gave me a new sim with my original purchase what the phone with the flaky touch screen S9 Plus

revhappy
I plan to stick around

Obtained the my SIM card upon new activation last October. SIM card works in a Roger's locked S6, IMS registers fine as well. Inserted into the S9 plus, IMS loses registration in about 30 mins.

squallw810
I've been here awhile

Got the June update. Updated camera and stability improvements; bug fixes. Big update size at over 500mb.

shaggyskunk

Yes - And Shocked that it's the exact same size as the OTAs for all the other Canadian Carriers that pushed the July OTA on July 2nd.....a week ago... lol 😂

My update was 436.87 Meg BTW for S9+ (SM-G965W) But the size of the OTA will depend on whether or not you were able to receive the June 4th OTA that not everyone did 🐧

goedhard
I plan to stick around

This is from the Samsung website

Build Number : G965WVLU2ARF7
Android version : Oreo(Android 8.0.0)
Release Date : 2018-07-09
· The performance of Camera has been improved
· The stability of Device has been improved.
· The security of your device has been improved.

IainS
I plan to stick around

yeah Dont really know why Rogers took an extra week to push out the same firmware, Also my LGV30 phone is still sitting on March security update and posted date was today for an update, but nothing.

shaggyskunk

@RogersRoland Wondering why the Security Patch Update OTA for the S8/S8+ is delayed until August 20th and there's no mention of the August Security Patch update OTA for the S9/S9+?
Samsung Members Canada shows that BOTH are available August 13th.

Hey @shaggyskunk,

Our team gets updates mostly on a weekly basic. In terms of delay, we can only imagine that they are related to further testing. This infographic should best describe the OS Upgrade process here at Rogers.

Hope this helps!

RogersRoland

Topic Stats