Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Yeah there was a June 4th OTA but it was Pulled almost immediately - I did manage to get it before it was removed - And I haven't had any issues - Still no explanation as to why it was pulled... July 9th OTA is still scheduled for the 9th from Rogers although Bell & others have released it last week... Rogers explanation is weak at best as to why they haven't released it at the same time as other Carriers...

I believe that Bell's was actually available since the 2nd of July... it's also on sammobile.com since the 2nd 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

Does your WiFi calling or VoLTE work?

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine does.. it only works if you purchased the device from Roger's if not Roger's blocks it from working

Yup - Both. For WiFi Calling you have to enable it from the Dialer Settings - 3 Dot menu top right - For VoLTE - Settings - Connections - Mobile Network - Toggle VoLTE to On 🐧

For some reason if you bought the phone directly from Samsung - Neither will work... Apparently?

I Plan to Stick Around

I definitely bought it from Rogers but it doesn't work. I am aware in previous pages of this thread there are other subscribers in the same boat as me. Just wanted to see where the numbers are in terms of those with the feature working vs. not working.

Did you get a new SIM card with the phone? If you're using an older SIM that might be the problem? 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

My previous one didn't work so I exchanged it for another one. My reason was, the first Sim that went in was from my other Carriere and it somehow configured itself up for the other Carriere koodo via software. Then after my exchange I popped in the Rogers SIM card for the first time and everything worked. My reason for exchanging was my touch screen was flaky. Rogers also gave me a new sim with my original purchase what the phone with the flaky touch screen S9 Plus

I Plan to Stick Around

Obtained the my SIM card upon new activation last October. SIM card works in a Roger's locked S6, IMS registers fine as well. Inserted into the S9 plus, IMS loses registration in about 30 mins.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the June update. Updated camera and stability improvements; bug fixes. Big update size at over 500mb.