Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Hey @shaggyskunk,

Thank you for letting me know! I'll have that corrected on today's update.

RogersRoland

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Awesome & Thanks @RogersRoland

By the way - @RogersRoland here is an update from Samsung Members site - I'm not sure if it's been posted here yet?
July 2nd for both the S8 & S9 Series

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

I Plan to Stick Around

so i would imagine the july 2nd update would be june security update for those devices.

Highlighted

Yeah I imagine it'll include the June Security Patch for those devices that haven't received it - Some OTAs may also include additional bug fixes - We'll know better from the size of the OTA 🐧

Yeah and Samsung Canada has pushed the July 2nd OTA off until July 9th now... Samsung really seems to be struggling with OTAs for their current "flagship"..... Makes me think that Samsung is stretched beyond their ability to provide what should be their priority...

https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

Samsung S9+ July 2nd OTA have has been pushed back to July 9th according to Samsung Members - No explanation or other information at this time🐧

@RogersRoland Just wondering Why Bell/Virgin (even Belarus) pushed the OTA for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955W) yesterday and there's nothing available from Rogers until the 9th of July?
I realize that this is the S9+ Forum - But honestly Rogers Community Forum is as slow as molasses in January...
Thanks

I've Been Around

Galaxy S9 Software Update?

Has anyone received a software update in July 2018 stating that the update will improve camera performance, etc?

My wife's Galaxy S9+ on the Bell network received one last night.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just got a brand new s9 plus from Rogers. Its still on Feb security patch. I tried updating it but there's nothing. I understand there is a June patch coming soon but wasnt there any earlier patches that I should be seeing?