Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Yup all the Canadian Carriers are using the same Baseband - Unfortunately for some reason sammobile.com doesn't have any of the S9/S9+ Stock Samsung Firmware - But they do for the S8 series...??

@RogersDarrell
While I did receive the June 4th OTA on my SM-G965W - It appears that the update has been pulled by Samsung... The OS Update Schedule may need to be revised...

I Plan to Stick Around

Why did they pull it?

Samsung has yet to give any further information - We know that the US SM-G965U was pulled because of reboot issues - Samsung is currently testing a couple of new builds - ARF1 & ARF2 - We don't know if either of these two will be released on July 2nd (currently scheduled by Samsung) https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA?projectId=0&meta=#/post?postId=322260

From my side I haven't experienced any issues - Reboots or anything else - Calls, Data - WiFi etc all seem to be working properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it all seems fine on my end as well I wonder what's causing the reboots. I hate to find out

Highlighted

Typically Reboots are often caused by the kernel - Although since the "Changelog" is laughable in it's utter absence of any kind of detail (the security of your device has been improved"and nothing more... I'm pretty sure that the June 4th OTA included more than just the Security Patches @ ~ 364 Meg....

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know what you guys are talking about the update hasn't been pulled and is working fine...

I Plan to Stick Around

Did you just get the update?

Yeah it's been pulled - If you already have it downloaded then you have it - If you didn't download it on the morning it was a then it's no longer available to download. Even the update page (link below) no longer makes any reference to the June 4th OTA 😉🐧

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G965W/RWC/doc.html

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland is it true that the latest update for the Galaxy S9/S9+ has been halted?? you think Rogers would have said something.. but typical Rogers

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats