Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

Here's an Official April T-Mobile update with the March Security Patch fwiw...
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-G965U/TMB/download/G965USQU2ARC6/216249/
According to Samsung Canada - There's supposed to be 2 OTA updates for the SM-G965W - A Maintenance update today & a Security Patch update OTA June 4th... I posted the link to Samsung's Members a few days ago - Good news is that I received the May 1st Security Patch on my S8+ this morning... Just odd that my S9+ that came with Oreo 8.0 & Project Treble is still on the February Security Patch...

I've Been Here Awhile

I find it really confusing why Samsung isn't putting in more effort to ensure whatever issue is causing the delay is fixed considering that this is their flagship phone and it's already been out 2.5 months. Really disappointed.

Yeah I think that lots of people are.. The S7 was supposed to get Oreo a while ago and even in the last week Samsung has delayed the update.. it was again supposed to be available for the S7 next week but it's been delayed for another week... Samsung needs to get their house in order & pay attention to it's current "flagship" devices and ease up with the "next best thing".. People WILL remember how their shiny new phone was all but ignored..

I Plan to Stick Around

i believe that tmobile update was put on hold officially due to issues. It will brick the Canadian version anyways so no good for us.

Normally if Samsung pulled an update - Then sammobile.com would as well - As for "bricking" the Canadian SM-G965W - People have had no issues with Flashing the T-Mobile Stock Samsung Firmware with Odin on the Canadian S8/S8+ devices - And it's virtually impossible to actually really "brick" a Samsung device - So long as you can Boot into Download Mode you're likely just fine 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has just updated their OS Schedule and the Galaxy S9/S9+ will receive its bug fix/may security update on June 4th

Thanks for the heads up 🐧

I Plan to Stick Around

actually the tmobile update does not install on the canadian version of the s9+.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally! It's about time.

Well received the June 4th OTA and it includes the May Security Patch & other undetermined fixes (the link to the Changelog is dated March 14th 2018) the OTA is ~ 364 Meg.
If anyone is using Substratum Themes remember to Uninstall BEFORE applying the Update & it's always a good idea to Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache 🐧