cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

IainS
I plan to stick around

Has anyone received the March security and bugfix release that was supposed to be released on the 16th??? USA carriers are already releasing april security patches, why is Rogers always so far behind on these releases and how come KUDO from the previous post is running newer firmware ARC1 and not the ARB that rogers is running.

160 REPLIES 160

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus OS/Security Updates

steveburke23
I plan to stick around

Hey goedhard yes I do have A Galaxy S9 with Rogers Sim and my software version is actually G960WVLU1ARBG serv. prov.
RWC/RWC/XAC

goedhard
I plan to stick around

ARC1 is for Koodo and not Roger's

steveburke23
I plan to stick around

No I haven't received the security/ bug update yet, I've been checking since the 16th what's up @RogersDarrell

IainS
I plan to stick around

yes i know ARC1 is Koodo firmware, but it is newer than the ARBG that Rogers has.

goedhard
I plan to stick around

Android Security Patch Level on arc1 is March 26, 2018 and arbg is March 13, 2018

steveburke23
I plan to stick around

Roger's OS Update page has been updated today and says Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus is Now Available ..I have not yet received it though

goedhard
I plan to stick around

Where are you seeing this steveburke23?

I went to http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/OS-Upgrades/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/td-p/354931
And found that it has March security update available now which we have now

IainS
I plan to stick around

still not seeing this update on my phone.

goedhard
I plan to stick around

IainS, what version are you on?

G960WVLU1ARBG

IainS
I plan to stick around

same version you mentioned arbg.

IainS
I plan to stick around

I f anyone has received the new update can you give me the firmware version please?

IainS
I plan to stick around

can anyone confirm that they have received the update april 16th with march security patch, I am still not receiving anything on my S9+.

daniel10
I plan to stick around

S9 and s9+ April 16 OS Update

I've been talking to the tech support and they told me to post on here, but the April 16 update for s9 and s9+ that apparently is available now, really isn't, it's posted throughout Samsung community forum's as well as other Google searches like Reddit, that no one has received this update yet.
Did someone at Rogers forget to push the button to actually release it?

Skladman
I plan to stick around

I wish the OS Upgrade Schedule said, "Sorry, the update is delayed. We'll let you know when it's ready," instead of lying to us about it being available. It's unprofessional and a poor display of customer service.

At this point, I might just side-load the update myself manually by getting it online. This is ridiculous.

IainS
I plan to stick around

no updates for the 960 or 965w's are online yet, only arbg or arc1 both of which are still feb security patch. i tried the tmobile arc6 but that fails to load. Rogers and the rest of the carriers in Canada are terrible.

goedhard
I plan to stick around

So my phone ended up with a screen issue and was exchanged via the 15 day return policy. I'm currently on build R16NW.G964WVLU1ARBG and on February 1 security patch with VoWiFi and VoLTE enabled. First sim to go in is from Rogers

IainS
I plan to stick around

i ended up switching mine over to telus firmware which is a little newer, bug fixes, ARC1. Has all the same stuff as Rogers and loads rogers bloatware because of the sim i have. Pretty sure Canada all the firmware is XAC, which is unlocked firmware and just depends which simcard you have in the phone, Mine reads as RWC/RWC/XAC.  I might switch back depending on what version Rogers releases, if they get around to flipping the switch.

goedhard
I plan to stick around

RWC/RWC/XAC new s9+ phone
KDO/KDO/XAC old s9+ phone

RWC = Roger's Wireless Canada
KDO = Koodo
TLS = Telus

I've had a Rogers sim card in my other s9 and it was saying KDO which is Koodo.

I wonder if this happens to do with which server the s9s grab the update from or another way to lock the phone to a carrier

IainS
I plan to stick around

i think it depends on the simcard that you first put in the phone when setting up, doesnt matter which canadian carrier firmware i put on my phone it always show RWC/RWC/XAC which is unlocked rogers. If i use the USA U1 firmware it shows as XAA/XAA/XAC

steveburke23
I plan to stick around

@RogersRoland or anyone @roger's why haven't we received our OS bug/security update for our Galaxy S9/S9 Plus you say on your OS update page that it is now available since the 16th of April but it isnt available, some communication would be nice while we are waiting.

Topic Stats