cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sigmahill

That is true however the only thing they need to fix it sending out the confirmation emails after the order has been placed for the pre orders ship to home.. The rest seems to be working. Again it does not guarantee that u will get it at launch or before anyone else. It states that on there as well.

Glad u are getting it today!

hhh0505
I plan to stick around
Received an email today from UPS that I will be receiving the Samsung VR that requires signature.

No email from samsung but seems like I'll be getting it today. Pretty quick considering I activated my device on Tuesday night.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hhh0505

Very nice! Still waiting for my email to come through. Although i don't mind waiting. When did u get the email? Just now?

Sigmahill
I plan to stick around
My thing was never about a guaranteed time, it was more you have my $360 but there is no real record of it that can be tracked.

Not a huge deal just more a constructive comment. Even the ability to click a link on your My Rogers that confirms your order has been received and will be processed when stock is available.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sigmahill

Yeah that is true and I see that.

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

Just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way you have successfully claimed the Gear VR pre order bonus?

I couldn't sign in during the setup process of my phone as it kept saying the password was invalid (but it wasn't as it was working on web). So I had to skip the sign in and then update the phone firmware and all Samsung apps, then I was able to login using the Samsung members app. Is this the right place to login after the setup process to receive the Gear VR? Thanks.

MrNineties
I plan to stick around

Pay now Ship Faster option here. 20th the package was received by UPS. Now 8am and it's out for delivery. I expected QMS since i'm in Downtown Toronto but they've chosen UPS. Maybe QMS is maxed out already lol

Sigmahill
I plan to stick around

@MrNineties

Downtown here too and UPS is taking the delivery.  My bet is it comes down to the volumes and convenience of UPS in the core.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AnonymousUser

You need to sign into your Samsung account on order to do so. Go into Settings - Cloud and accounts - Samsung. It should be there. If that's logged in then u are set.

Unfortunately Samsung didn't send out any confirmation email saying that they will send it out to u. All u have to do is log into ur account and wait for. The shipment email

comcry
I plan to stick around
Still crickets on my end. #27 and I've received nothing. Clearly not getting today! Any other business customers in Ontario hear anything? S8+ OG

kh29
I plan to stick around

i heard there is a red tinti issue with galaxy s8 and s8 + with some  but i do not have any problems.   samsung is working on fxing it with a update

http://phandroid.com/2017/04/21/galaxy-s8-red-tint-software-update/

you should pass this arround in this forum

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

Its ready passed along yesterday and the day before :).

Also mentioned it above. The update will be sent out to all the S8 and S8 Plus Devices. It's a software issues so that's a good thing.

kh29
I plan to stick around

on my s8 don't have a problem,  plus why every phone ones out there are problems and they should fix the issues on there head and send the phones out

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

As i have said before. Anything can happen after the devices are launched. Please do remember this is a electronic device. Even cars have issues after they are launched.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around
What happens if my phone battery catches fire and explodes?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

Haha! Doubt it but we shall see! If it does, this is Samsung's last device then as no one will ever buy it if it happens a second time lol

ahmed123
I plan to stick around

I see that my pre order changed to in progress yesterday evening i was number 239 for S8+ black. When i logged in this morning i see the price for premiuim tab+ have gone down from 319 to 244. is that the new price i would pay when i go and pick up my device and do the upgrade at the store?

YoniMutonji
I plan to stick around

S8+ Mid Black - My position had dropped all the way down to #52 yesterday evening and transitioned to “IN PROGRESS”. I was hoping I would get an overnight shipping label, but I haven’t. I actually noticed that I never received any shipping notice from Rogers/UPS for the S7 Edge and Note 7 when I had preordered-to-pick-up in store, even checked my inbox to make sure of that. Which all leads me to this moment, called the store that I chose for my pickup and was advised that they’re expecting a lot of pre-orders even non-reserved devices to be shipped to their store today.

Slightly hopeful I get it today, if I don’t hear back by 4pm…… I’ll feel extremely tempted go to the nearest store from my work for a walk-in. I really don’t mind missing out on the bonus gifts and yet… sometimes you just like having things just to have them especially when they’re offered for free, lol. Oh the dilemma.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @ahmed123

Thats the incorrect pricing. The pricing is $320 for the Premium Plus tab for the S8+. Image is below..  The stores will charge u $320 as per the pricing. 

Screenshot_20170421-103655.png

ahmed123
I plan to stick around
ya its really weird cause it shows exclusive for you and shows premium tab+ at 244.00, and premium tab at 559.00.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ahmed123

Yeah it seems to be a glitch or something
. Hmm