Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

sorry I made a mistake on the name of my plan , it's this one ShareEverything+ 7GB-Prem Tab
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @the_slayer21

That is a older plan. They do not have those anymore. The current ones are called Premium+ Tab ( which is more on the plan  but less on the device price) and Premium Tab ( which is the less on the plan like ours but more on the device price like our plans) 

So sadly you will be forced to change plans in order to pay less for the device. This has happened for almost a year now. They might have given u a older plan as a loyalty

This is one way of seeing it. " Your Everything Share plan is concidered the Premium Tab" 

https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/new-wireless-line/#/build-plan

I Plan to Stick Around

But.... Your Share Everything + plan would equate to the Premium + plan, right ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Sadly no. Does not work like that. If you have a ShareEverything + plan, you are paying less for the plan and its a older plan vs the Premium + Tab plan which is a cost more and less on the device price.

You can contact Rogers and speak to them. They will let you know all about it. The same thing happened with the Note 7 and iPhone 7 as well. If you had a older plan, you had to pay more for the device. If you had one of their NEW plans, you pay less for the device.

With the Note 7, My gf had the Everything Share+ plan but paid $550 for the Note 7 where the store told her to change to the Premium + Tab line, she would pay $350 for it. The pricing of the plan was more so she did not. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got this plan 2 months ago. My wife just updated her phone last week and they gave her the " premium +" pricing on it, thats why I equated the + in the plan being the higher end plans, regardless of in market or not. Perhaps we just got lucky.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

There are ways some reps and managers can do this. I was told the same thing last night. The best thing to do is contact Rogers and speak to a manager ( some reps do not know and just make stuff up) and see what their system pulls up. I am pretty sure urs will work as u are paying for the pricing but see first.
I Plan to Stick Around

I can see on the site when I try to pre order the phone some issues. First the black s8 says 389 and the grey says 99. Why? Also I have a share everything plus plan. Also when I click on the preorder it takes me to screen but the phone isn't listed there, just iPhone 7 and a LG phone.

Am I doing something wrong?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wonderbyrd

I am getting the same price for both colors on the s8+ model. Refresh ur page and see if that will fix it.

The phone will be added soon. The screen is on the reservation system. You are doing everything fine. 

You will need to stay on the screen called " Device Reservation" as you will be reserving the device. Please read my #1 post on page one please.

I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing with me. S8 isn't one of the options for upgrade

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cez

Last year the S7 and S7 edge went up at 10am on the reservation page. The Note 7 when up at 8:30pm. So again it can be all day wait.