Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Why does this phone feel so underwhelming? Is it because everything about it was already leaked before the event ? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Most likely and some are most likely waiting for the reviews to see if they like it.
I've Been Around

Hi, i have a 2 year contract with Rogers. My remaining phone balance is around $450. I want to upgrade from s7 edge to S8+ asap. So, what will be best option for me? Is there spmething like i give in my s7 edge, pay a little amount and renew my contract or do i have to pay whole amount and terminate my current contract first?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ajay1325

Sadly you will have to sell your S7 edge privately on Kijiji or Ebay or to a friend to recoup most of the money and put the rest of the money into getting the S8+. This is the only way. Rogers has a trade in program but u will only get a small fraction of what the device is worth. So sell it for a good price to someone else. 

You will have to pay the upgrade fee over the invoice that comes after the upgrade but the S8+ price u have to pay in store.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I see that it's up for pre-order via the "pay now and get it faster" option which takes you through plan changes and what not. But I don't see it in the drop down box when I choose the "pay later and pick up in store" option which takes you to the device reservation section.

Anyway, I tried selecting the "pay now and get it faster" option just to see what happens but it's making me change my current plan if I want the phone for its discounted price. This doesn't make sense to me as I already have and existing a 2-year ShareEverything+ 10GB-Prem Tab plan that I'm paying for $125.

I thought so long as you are on a 2-year ShareEverything+ 10GB-Prem Tab plan then you can upgrade for the lower price??? What gives???

Regardless, as I hit the continue button I get an error. I'm assuming it's the amount of traffic coming through or the phone is not actually available for pre-order yet as it's not in the device reservation section. I have my phone, iPad and computer going at the same time.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sk8one

I have the exact plan as u. The problem is our plans are older so we pay more for the device. This changed last year with the new plans. This is what screwed up the iPhone 7 Plus reservations as well. The newer plans they are showing now will be more but less on the device price... I have to upgrade to the 12Gb, for $145 ( i get a $25 discount anyways) to get the device in cheaper price...

The reservation should update soon I hope.
I Plan to Stick Around

@MeowmixAhh I see... I must have missed it or misunderstood something on your first post. That kinda sucks. I have to upgrade to the 145GB for an additional $20. Smiley Sad

I'm trying to go through the online "pay now and get it faster" but because I have an additional phone it's telling me I have to call them or live chat with them to make changes. Hmmm...

I'm currently live chatting with someone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sk8one

People had many issues with the Pay Now get it faster". Its actually the same time u get ur reservation device. You just pay it now and get it delivered to the house instead of the store.

Sadly yeah i too have to change plans but ill do that later tonight.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yah i have a new plan I changed not even a month and it's asking me to change my plan too, I think it's a bug at the moment.  I have premiue tab 7g plan.  I'll be keeping en eye on the reservation 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @the_slayer21

Sadly its not a bug.. In order to get the device at a lower cost, you must have a Premium+ Tab. Not a Premium tab. The plans we all 3 have are older ones which are not going to give us the pricing of the device lower.