Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @gogol

I got a UPS email and so did my girlfriend. Ours will come tomorrow by the end of day. I know my coworker is still waiting for his. I guess they only have so many that they can send out at a time.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @MeowmixSmiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix do you remember how long it took yours to change from pending status for the mini level speakers? Mine's been on pending since last week.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

It took 2-2.5 weeks before it changes to shippedSmiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

OK I'm glad to hear that. I was worried that the pic I sent of just the IMEI and serial number wasn't good enough lol. Thanks @Meowmix! Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

No worries! Lol i thought that too but worked! I wonder how they are letting it go through though lol. Atleast we get two gifts instead of one! Haha
I'm Here A Lot

Hello, For those of you who are having issues login in to your CA Samsung account, but are able to login to your samsung account Via moblil or via US  account login. I was told tp create new login with new email address to register for promotion for VR GIFT; you would also have to change the registered email on your phone for this to work. Samsung Rep gave me this as a work around for the issue I am having. Make sure CA is part of the web address as you need to login on Canadian linked Login.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @virtualraider

Did u call the number I posted above and they gave that information to u? Or did some random rep on Facebook do that? As I am aware they are no longer accepting any applications to get the Gear VR and controller as u already did it with ur original email and account u signed into ur mobile device. If that's how it works, then u do not need to make a new account.. The IMEI number will be added to the new account and won't get u the Gear VR and controller unless they bypass the system and send it out which I don't think they will. Could be wrong though.

Again the Gear VR and controller can take 6-8 weeks to come to u depending when u signed into the account and when they have stock of them.

I hope it works out but if it doesn't, then it seems to be a waste of time creating a new account for nothing. Just a heads up!
I Plan to Stick Around

After many reasonably happy years with  my Windows Lumia 920, I decided to take the plunge and get a Samsung S8.   The transition was neither quick nor painless.   Everything was so simple on my 920, everything was there on the first screen and if not, just a quick swipe down and lesser used apps would appear.   It was easy and it worked well together. If I took a photo, the image was in my gallery immediately.  It was also on my OneDrive cloud so it was available anywhere.  The Galaxy is shiny but seems so fragile. I've already covered up the sides and back with a thick rubber frame case.   This was unnecessary with the 920.  In fact the 920 could be used as a weapon if I needed it.     There are positives.   The Galaxy, whether through Bixby or Hello Google seems to understand my voice without a problem.   Cortana seemed to have trouble with English, although it was nice that she would read things back to me.   The Galaxy is like over stimulation with so many features and so many ways to do the same thing.   It does seem to get better reception and things such as wireless calling can be useful.  The learning curve will be steep but I'll get there.  I have to because Microsoft Abandoned me.   My guess is that they would have 10 to 15% of the market if they stayed the course.  Instead they decided to be the next Blackberry and look where they are.    So sad to see MS shooting itself and it's shareholders in the foot when they had a good product that just needed time to grow and mature.   It's like Betamax and VHS. 

I'm Here A Lot

I called number you gave me, who gave me another number. My device did not register as it does on the US site. The information is suppose to migrate to CA login but it does not. My original account was set up in US years ago. Note samsung is aware of the issue and this is the work around they gave me, they also told me others are having same issue.