Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@StevenSherwood wrote:

Pre-ordered mine on the 18th of April and received shipping notification yesterday.  I am in Manitoba so I don't know if that has an effect compared to a big metropolitan area such as Toronto or Vancouver! Hope everyone gets the device soon! I am sitting here like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve waiting for jolley old saint Nicholas to show up! 

Hi @StevenSherwood,

That is great news and I hope you get yours today! I live in Toronto and still hoping that I will receive that most anticipated shipping notification this week. Thanks for your sharing your timeline. Enjoy your phone! Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Oh no! It's okay my first S8+ had scratches and seems like deep marks on the left side of the screen. So i had it replaced with the only S8+ in the stores on Monday.

Things do happen. Remember they are electronic systems. That can easily happen within the shipment but again it should be more detected I believe.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Lol yea, there are always a few that have issues, iPhone included.

Unfortunately, this pink display issue seems to be wide spread. Samsung is issuing a software update to help calibrate the red down, but it won't help most of them, as the pink is only SECTIONS of the display. Hopefully the replacement is better. It's a great phone other than that. The location of the fingerprint reader is really bad, but the lightning fast iris scanner makes up for it.

It's just funny that the biggest seller (the Infinity display) has issues out of the box. You'd think they'd check/calibrate them better at the factory, lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Mt first S8+ didn't have any issues like that. My second one has a small tint of red but only noticible when turning the phone that's all.

You would think that right lol
I've Been Here Awhile

It was the S8+ model 

I Plan to Stick Around

@GibMcFragger wrote:
Lol yea, there are always a few that have issues, iPhone included.

Unfortunately, this pink display issue seems to be wide spread. Samsung is issuing a software update to help calibrate the red down, but it won't help most of them, as the pink is only SECTIONS of the display. Hopefully the replacement is better. It's a great phone other than that. The location of the fingerprint reader is really bad, but the lightning fast iris scanner makes up for it.

It's just funny that the biggest seller (the Infinity display) has issues out of the box. You'd think they'd check/calibrate them better at the factory, lol.

@GibMcFragger I had read that the fix through software could only be done by an authorized tech center as well.  This won't be a "public" patch to fix the red issues just yet.  

@Meowmix I think they will fix your pink issue with a software update later on, but you could get the fix right away at a Samsung repair place maybe? 

The whole red/pink screen thing is going somewhat viral on the cell phone sites I've read, but samsung has promised a quick fix.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeanD

I'll wait and see what the update does. If it doesn't fix it, I'll contact Samsung nd have them send me out a replacement. It's not as bad as I thought but still bothers me lol.

I remember having issues like this with my iPhone 5S and also iPhone 6S. Then on my HTC One M7 and Raider. It seems to be a issue with some device. Samsung though gets the backlash because of what happened with the Note 7.
I've Been Here Awhile

It was S8+ model
I've Been Around

Is there a deadline to activate your samsung account through your new S8/S8+ so you can get your Gear VR and controller? I have registered my email account before April 20th by the way.
I've Been Here Awhile

I believe it is sometime near the end of may? I could be wrong on the specific date but I do know it is a little while off!