Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Are the updates forced when you get your phone? Or are they optional. I'd vey much like to remap the bixby button and would be ok without these updates for the time being.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @clr416

Its forced update. You can't ignore it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, I've completed the pre-order for my Galaxy S8 plus on April 16th to have it delivered to my house but still have not received any confirmation email or shipment of the device. Can someone tell me if I have to wait a long time? If so, can I just walk into the Rogers store and pick it up there? Thanks in advance.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Jk1m

Did you preorder the phone on April 16? If that's the case you will be waiting awhile for the phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

If you pre ordered that late, then of course you will wait a bit longer. If u get it at the store, I am Warning u that u may not get the pre order bonus.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I preordered the phone on April 16th. If that's the case, can I just go to the Rogers store today and pick it up? The official launch date is today so I prefer to pick it up and cancel the delivery if possible. Thanks for the reply.
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand, do you know if there's a possibility of receiving it early next week? What's the reason why I wouldn't get the bonus gift if I pick it up at the store? I already registered for it on the Samsung website. Thanks for the reply!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

When speaking to my source within Samsung he told me that when carriers put devices aside for pre orders, the IMEI number ate recorded and sent to Samsung. So that way Samsung knows which device was pre ordered and which one was not. Now some cases have been which some were able to get their pre orders still ( last year) but only a small few. Now this can change but it's a warning.

Just making it clear if u go to the store and pick one up from the store stock and u do not get a Gear VR, no one can be blamed. It's a chance u have to take.

So if u want to take that chance, go ahead and see. Hopefully u get it but just keep this in mind.

As for the device. The third batch will come either Monday or Tuesday as i was told.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the detailed explanation Meomix. I will then wait for the device instead. Would you be able to tell me how many batches there are?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jk1m

It could be many. 2 batches have already come and been shipped out to the ones that ordered when the pre orders and reservations system went live.

There is no. Definite the as it all depends on how many Samsung sends to Rogers.