Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @enigma4321

Honestly this is always the issue with Rogers. Always has issues with launches and then blame it on some " unknown" issue. lol

now this

"Additionally, Rogers has responded to
MobileSyrup‘s response for comment, stating: “We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will update customers as information is available.”

So what happens if they accidentally delete the rogers customer database trying to fix this issue? I doubt that will happen but it would make for some entertainment. 

Nothing quite like rogers servers wiping themselves clean. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

No i know they dont care about me selling my phone, not saying they do.. but compensation would be nice for all this trouble lol. give me a free case or something just to show they care lol

But this whole thing is just a big joke really. so in the end im not mad, just frustrated as everyone else i think

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RAwhite1987

That would be awesome!!! No more contracts for all!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has very complex systems and there is no one switch that can fix it all. likely multiple databases are impacted and data is there but not flowing through. we went through something similar not long ago. So I feel their pain.. but that still leaves us without phones today
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

I agree with you. I am not mad but more frustrated that i wasted a nice day trying to figure this out and going to the store for nothing. Now i have to go tomorrow to get it if the system will let them.

A free case or some sort of credit for the mess up should be given out. That i agree with.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

They also wouldnt lose much by giving a credit or a case

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

What makes NO SENSE is that the ones that are getting their phones today via the Pay now ship faster option, have had theirs activated and shipped out without a issue.

So why can the stores not do so? If this is a " unknown" error, then the others should be in the same situation as us.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Agreed. A small credit or case would be nice for this but doubt Rogers will do anything. They will just say " Sorry for the inconvenience" meanwhile all the other pre orders with all the other carriers have been shipped out to customers and they are doing their stuff properly. Meanwhile here with Rogers we are stuck.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

They have back ups for that. Its happened before on someone and they were able to retrieve their data lol.

Oh i know
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Dang it.. where's Wayne Knight when you need him (think Jurassic Park).