Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Bixby voice is finally up and running!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

Yes we did! Finally we got it. I have to say i will be testing it out more in the up coming days!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey guys, since Rogers supports RCS Messaging does anyone know when the stock Samsung Messages App will be updated to enable RCS on Rogers?

If I use the Google Android Messages App enhanced messaging is enabled/works. However the stock Samsung Messages app doesn't show the option to enable RCS.

I did some research and the Samsung Messages App supports RCS with other carriers, but not Rogers, I would like to use RCS with the default Samsung Messages APP instead of having to keep Android Messages installed. The Samsung Messages app supports the feature, it's just not enabled on Rogers for whatever reason.

Hey @gp-se,

Great question.  As far as I know, we're only supporting the Android Messages app for the time being.  If this changes, we'll be happy to share the news here with the Community Forums.

On a personal note, I'm just curious what makes you prefer the stock Samsung Messenger over Android Messages?  Is it a Bixby issue now that it's fully out in Canada?   I was never really a fan of the stock Samsung app and switched to Google Messenger well before RCS and Android Messager.  Maybe I'll switch back if there's something I'm missing.

Have a great weekend!

RogersShaun

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersShaun wrote:

Hey @gp-se,

Great question.  As far as I know, we're only supporting the Android Messages app for the time being.  If this changes, we'll be happy to share the news here with the Community Forums.

On a personal note, I'm just curious what makes you prefer the stock Samsung Messenger over Android Messages?  Is it a Bixby issue now that it's fully out in Canada?   I was never really a fan of the stock Samsung app and switched to Google Messenger well before RCS and Android Messager.  Maybe I'll switch back if there's something I'm missing.

Have a great weekend!

RogersShaun

I do use Bixby a lot, so I try to stick with the stock Samsung apps. Hopefully you guys release the Samsung Messages app that has RCS enabled soon!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Firmware released for the S8 today!

No release notes, but still Android 7.0 with the August Security Patch.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

That came almost 2 weeks ago for many of us.. I got that last Tuesday ( did a auto update last Tuesday around 6am for me overnight).

I guess your device got it a bit late. It happens with some devices I noticed. Great to see the update came out but a bit late as we are in October, u would think the September one would come instead.

" Build Number : G955WVLU1AQI3
Android Version : Nougat(Android 7.0)
Release Date : 2017-09-29
· The security of your device has been improved.
"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @gp-se

That came almost 2 weeks ago for many of us.. I got that last Tuesday ( did a auto update last Tuesday around 6am for me overnight).

I guess your device got it a bit late. It happens with some devices I noticed. Great to see the update came out but a bit late as we are in October, u would think the September one would come instead.

" Build Number : G955WVLU1AQI3
Android Version : Nougat(Android 7.0)
Release Date : 2017-09-29
· The security of your device has been improved.
"

@Meowmix 

I got AQI3 last week, this is a newer version:

G950WVLU1AQI7

I was on XDA-Developers, and other people with Rogers reported getting the new update today too!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Thanks! Yes I just got it funny enough. Most likely a Rogers firmware update for their services!
I Plan to Stick Around

i have a question how come there is not s8 coral blue in canada only usa , samsung galaxy s7 coral blue came last year .  when will be a s8 coral blue coming to canada or there will not be one comeing to canada