Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mazeroni
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

A status atleast shows yes, your order is in progress. I've heard from countless people having errors in their orders,a simple status will allow people to correct errors. Have confidence in their order and provide a simple way to appease their order curiosity rather than coming here or taking to support.
I know, I know it is a weird thing to expect communication from a communications company.
Jk1m
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix yeah I hear you. Just wish they send a weekly update for people that paid for the device beforehand... Surprisingly they didn't even charge me yet. Very true... That might actually be worse lol
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mazeroni

Yeah i hear you on that. Unfortunately though it won't change unless they do it.
defender
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers is such a joke. I preorderd mine on April 5th and I'm still # 51 out of 271.

The live chat reps seem to just want to brush you off as they don't care.

Should have switched along time ago

RAwhite1987
I Plan to Stick Around

@defender

What model and colour did you order?

defender
I'm Here A Lot

@RAwhite1987

S8+ in midnight black. I've tried many times contacting live chat to even get status updates and they just brush me off. There's no option to change my order to pickup in store and it wasn't even offered in the first place when I made the order.

I have had 3 colleagues walk into Rogers and pick one up during lunch. Kinda frustrating as they told me not to preorder. 

RAwhite1987
I Plan to Stick Around

@defender Not surprising. The S8+ is suffering from production issues. I pre-ordered on April 1st but only got mine delivered to the store yesterday. 

I had the Barney Purple S8+.

It took literally 2 weeks between the first and second batch to get mine and I thought it was going to take longer. In the future the best thing to do is reserve and ship to the store. This way you can keep track of it. 

DeanD
I Plan to Stick Around

@defender

You won't find the other companies much better.  Believe me, I've been through Bell, Wind (Freedom), Telus, and Rogers.  I will admit though, this last experience has soured me on Rogers now too.  The support folks are among the worst I've had to deal with regarding this whole pre-order fiasco.  Telus has been the best of the bunch, however, they are also the most expensive.

Mazeroni
I Plan to Stick Around

As a distraction from the frustration and disappointment many of us are feeling I suggest checking out this video.
https://youtu.be/Is8xVvXEnag
yes it voids the warranty and yes it disables key features but . it looks good!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @defender

Live Chat agents can't see much on the orders.. U would need to call in and see if they can search for it and see. Unfortunately it does state that u aren't guaranteed to get it at launch or before anyone else.