Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello everyone! Smiley Happy

I would just like to know if people who pre-ordered online received their devices already. I have pre-ordered mine on April 18th and only received an email from Rogers stating that I have made changes to my account but nothing about the status of the device. I believe that the system should automatically send out notifications to customers who pre-ordered online. 

This is my first time pre-ordering a phone so I don't really have that much of an idea on how long it usually takes for people to start receiving their devices. 

Thank in advance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @raymondtrudeu

Nothing will change until later tonight. That's when they ship them out. Not during the day.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gogol

Yes some have Recieved theirs but they did their pre order on the first day it went up. Seeing as u did urs that late, u will have to wait for a while since the ones that did the pre orders didn't go out yet
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, @MeowmixSmiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

So some updates... On launch day I was #4 on the business side... i couldn't wait.. i called a bunch of places near my town and nothing... only Black S8+.... no one got gray.. i decided to give up.. but called Sq1 and the guy said he had 2 Orchid Gray S8+ for walkins.. I jumped up and headed there (about a 30min drive).

when i got there it was true... so I PICKED IT UP!! : > i canceled my pre order, which i was still #4...

enjoying it so far ; >
I Plan to Stick Around

I registered for the GearVR bonus around April 4th, with my device being reserved on April 6th. I got my device Friday and activated it on the network on Saturday. At the same time I signed into my Samsung account from the device. When should I expect to see something regarding the shipping for the GearVR? The details say 6-8 weeks however i've read several peoples comments here which indicate they got it in just days after activating their phone! 

PS, Does anyone know the specifics for qualifying for the Netflix bonus? I was an existing customer who did a device early upgrade and changed my plan to a 7GB for $100 option.

I Plan to Stick Around

@MrNineties

i am wondering the same thing.... very hard to know what the status is of these promos... 

the last promo at least u submit proof and u get an email etc.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MrNineties @johentie

The promotion can take 6-8 weeks. However there are times where some get it within a week (Telus, Best Buy and Samsung Experience stores do not count for this). So we all just have to wait until it ships. Unfortunately Samsung will not send out a email until UPS does saying it's been shipped.

Your Netflix promotion is tied to ur account. As long as u do the upgrade to the S8 or the S8 Plus, u should get the text showing u how to reflect on how to do it.

If u have not received the text or having issues, contact Rogers and let them open a ticket for u.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a heads up the device reservation page is down for maintenance.

When I went to view the status of my reservation it told me that myrogers will be down from April 11th to 12th for maintenance.

It is Rogers so I can only sit back and laugh.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

They told me the same and said they need to fix some issues with the servers on their end