Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katejs657
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Looks like I've missed a lot of drama. Sorry to everyone whose phone arrived at store but were unable to pick it up due to the "unknown error." That must suck. I decided to give myself a break from the multiple headaches Rogers has caused me over the last week and a half and enjoyed the holidays in somewhat peace and quiet.

I reserved the S8 Plus in Orchid Grey and believe I am currently #188 in line. My status is still Open. I have to wait a little longer for my phone. I don't expect it'll come until some time next week (if then) which works b/c of the issues I've had with Rogers.

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks! The Samsung software update is ready to update and take away the Bixby remap. Think I'll avoid that update for a while.
cez
I Plan to Stick Around

so much for being #1 on the reservation! I was just told that I can't get my phone until MAYBE tomorrow. That's still a maybe but I'm gonna drop by again anyways whether it's ready for pick up or not

enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@tierackk

Especially considering that bixby isnt even available at launch hahah! way to go samsung

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tierackk

Haha i seen that too!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Haha no i do not need anything 😛
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Yes you do need something! its called a samsung s8+!

nexxusty
I Plan to Stick Around

Ugh.

Oh well... Honestly, all I can do is laugh.

Someone screwed up BADLY. So badly him/her may even lose their job over this. IMO they should.

Seems like the kind of job where its your ONLY responsibility. Can't even do that? Fired. Lol.

Anyone who has it? What its like? Im coming from the most lag free phone of 2016 (LG G5) so this thing better stack up in terms of UI smoothness. I ALWAYS have my Samsung Package Disabler Pro at the ready though. I suspect I will have to use it again on the S8+.
cez
I Plan to Stick Around

Does this "unknown error" happen to be caused by today being a government holiday?
Also, if we can't pick up our phones 'til the 21st, then that would be past the you have up to 3 days to pick up. I hope this doesn't get screwed up too.
enigma4321
I Plan to Stick Around

@nexxusty

Did you just say that the LG G5 was the most lag free phone of 2016!?? Can i assume that was the only phone you've used in 2016? lol!!! Cause Pixels and iPhones Definitely got the G5 beat man. And i have had all 3 btw