Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

Yes so did the lady at my location. Seems like this isnt a unknown issue but its a known issue they want to take their time on. I really doubt its a " unknown " issue... They always have to make some excuse to make it look like something happened they do not know of lol.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @wpd1

Yes so did the lady at my location. Seems like this isnt a unknown issue but its a known issue they want to take their time on. I really doubt its a " unknown " issue... They always have to make some excuse to make it look like something happened they do not know of lol.

Perhaps they are stalling while they await further deliveries of the phones? Why fix it multiple times when you can fix it once!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

I really doubt that is the issue. Their servers are not up to date and running older servers and tech.

I am starting to think that someone forgot to turn on the switch and this caused it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

"its not our fault" in other words lol!

but if its a known issue, then why isnt it fixed ffs!! lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Honestly this is always the issue with Rogers. Always has issues with launches and then blame it on some " unknown" issue. lol

now this

"Additionally, Rogers has responded to
MobileSyrup‘s response for comment, stating: “We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will update customers as information is available.”

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

So why dont they flip the switch already!

Im swearing a lot today, but i think i have good reason to. Since i sold the G6 earlier too. Using a 5 year old phone Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I did the whole overnight wait for the iphone4, years ago, which ended up being fun, except for once we were in the store.. i was in the store ready to activate my new iphone 4 at around 10am. i was out of the apple store by 2:30 pm cause all systems were down-up-down-up-down-up for activations.. 

Yup not a new story at all

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

They do not care that u sold your phone. Believe me they do not. At this point i guess they are trying to fix whatever is going on and i want to see what we all get for this issue.

Anyways i updated the above post with what Mobilesyrup got from Rogers as a response.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Lets hope its soon!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Its every launch for the Samsung and iPhone devices that have this issue. It seems they are running older servers or systems which can not handle more then a couple thousand activation at a time.