cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

sbahia
I've been here awhile

Any news on security update for S8? It is listed as July 3rd on software update schedule. Has anyone received it yet?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sbahia

Nothing yet on my S8+. I am hoping for it tomorrow. I think maybe because of the long weekend it's postponed until tomorrow? Maybe. I tried checking in Samsung and with OTA but nothing yet.

sbahia
I've been here awhile

June security update is now available OTA. Check your software update.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sbahia

Indeed it is! Just checked it my self but I will do the update later on after work. 🙂

gp-se
I'm an advisor

I got the update this morning around 7am, installed without any issues.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sbahia

Installed it just now! Got the new update and seems my battery has been adjusted ( good thing).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just wanted to update this thread with my situation. So my current S8+ ( the third one I had) had some battery issues which would constantly die and the phone felt sluggish with barely anything on it. I went through all the steps to factory reset, remove apps, went as far as going to Samsung and having then look at it. They couldn't help as they didn't have any in stock to exchange it with.

Called tech support and they offered to send me a refurbished model and pay $35 for it. I said sure but can you guarantee that it will work.. I was promised it would. So on Thrusday night I got my 4th S8+ ( refurbished) and low and behold that once I set up everything, the microphone didn't work at all. I called Samsung Canada, ran through all the tests, secret menus and everything. Nothing. Very frustrated called back Rogers via my home phone and actually had a rep tell me that they couldn't do anything and that they had to send me a refurbished one again. Even when I asked to speak to a manager, he declined me speaking to one and said " he will say the same thing. We can't send out new ones). So i said okay and he put the order through.. Called back and spoke to Jason at tech support, explained my situation and he saw how many S8+ I have been through and all ( its sad that this phone has given me such headaches). He spoke to his manager and they are sending me a new one... I searched this up and it's a known hardware issue with the microphone not working it seems.

What I would like to know and asked Jason this, don't they test the phones before they leave? It seems they only test the them to turn in as the battery was at 10% when I turned it on and sim card tray wasn't even installed properly. Poor refurbished device I would say. He and I know they test them but barely even check for anything.

Jason and his manager were very helpful on getting me a new one instead of a refurbished device and asked him if I could keep the accessories as well which you can! Just gotta send back the device. ( although the reps tell you to send everything back, they don't charge u if u don't return a cable for charging the device).

Now until this new one comes in, I have no way of making any calls or receive calls. Can only text which isn't that bad. Just kinda feel useless as this is a way I communicate with family, friends and clients. As you can see, this is the only phone which has given me so many problems. I have seen worse ( S8 devices coming in damaged, not even turning on, microphone not working and such).

Hopefully this new one has no issues. Once again I want to thank Jason and his manager / supervisor which were able to cancel a refurbished model being sent out and sending me a new one!

doubrown
I've been here awhile

The North American spec S8 uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC which includes an FM receiver. An app called NextRadio can playback from the FM radio. Unfortunately, Rogers disables the FM radio, probably due to the customer insulting motivation of increasing data bandwidth consumption. I purchased an unlocked S8+ directly from Samsung, with an enabled FM radio. On use of a Rogers SIM, the phone downloaded Rogers specific firmware which disabled the FM.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @doubrown

Yeah unfortunately it's up to the carriers and manufacturers to enable it. It all depends on them sadly.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

Hey guys, coming from an iPhone with visual voicemail, does The S8/Android on Rogers support Visual Voicemail, or voicemail to text?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

Unfortunately Rogers does not support Android Visual Voicemail ATM. There is a enhanced Voicemail to text option though. Contact Rogers to have that added!

gp-se
I'm an advisor

cool thanks dude, I'll give them a call to add voicemail to text.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

Its called Premium Voicemail-to-Text. Ask for that and they will add it for u 🙂

gp-se
I'm an advisor

With the latest update that I got a few days ago I noticed a few problems. First off, LTE reception/bars is lower than before in the same areas, where before the update I had full reception. I'm guessing they made changes to carrier aggregation and how the phone connects to towers, perhaps biasing/tuning the phone to certain frequencies. 

But more importantly today my phone showed 4 bars of reception, but the phone said "emergency calls only" and I couldn't send any text messages or make/receive phone calls. I had to turn air plane mode on and off to join the Rogers network again. 

The weird part is, back when I had an S6 years ago I had similar issues, and always blamed the Samsung Shannon Modem, but my S8 is Qualcomm. My old S6 would say emergency calls only and I would miss calls, and I know there was a big thread with lots of people with the same issue. The issue with the S6 also only affected Rogers, which is why I thought it was an incompatibility with Samsung Shannon and Rogers network. 

Anyone else notice these issues after the latest update? My phone was working perfect when it was running the June firmware. 

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@gp-se

I've not had any issues like that at all in Vancouver area on the latest update.  I'm frequently downtown in many different buildings (consultant), and signal strength is always hit and miss for me regardless of phone.  Something in the buildings and coatings on the windows makes them act like Faraday cages, but signals have been pretty solid on the S8+ for me.  It's only around my home area where I drop calls on a regular basis, but that's due to where my house is placed.  It's right on the edge of a couple of towers.  If I go 1/2 a block to the east, I get full bars, but in my house, I'm typically around 1 to 2 bars and if I pace around when on calls, it will drop them.  This happens on every phone, not just the S8+

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

You aren't the only one. I noticed the same thing at my work and near my home. After the update the signals have gone down hill from then on.

I did a factory reset, contacted Samsung but nothing so far. Apperantly no one has complained about it. Most likely to do with Rogers and their signals.

However the battery has been amazing so far and the option to remove the navigation bar has been a success for me other then the signal issue.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @gp-se

You aren't the only one. I noticed the same thing at my work and near my home. After the update the signals have gone down hill from then on.

I did a factory reset, contacted Samsung but nothing so far. Apperantly no one has complained about it. Most likely to do with Rogers and their signals.

However the battery has been amazing so far and the option to remove the navigation bar has been a success for me other then the signal issue.

@Meowmix Good to hear I'm not the only one experiencing the signal issues. My battery life hasn't changed, but I always got good battery life with this phone.

The signal issue is what concerns me, hopefully Rogers does some testing and figures out what the issue is, I'm tempted to revert back to the June firmware. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

I thought of doing that my self but I am waiting to see what testing they are doing and If they will fix this issue.

Being in my home with big windows or even outside in the backyard getting 2 bars when I was getting full bars is making me worried.

I was checking on reverting back but the battery life for me is making me not to.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @gp-se

I thought of doing that my self but I am waiting to see what testing they are doing and If they will fix this issue.

Being in my home with big windows or even outside in the backyard getting 2 bars when I was getting full bars is making me worried.

I was checking on reverting back but the battery life for me is making me not to.

@Meowmix What's holding me back from reverting to the June firmware is the security patches, I always like having the latest security updates. I'm also noticing I have 1-2 bars of LTE, whereas before the update I had full bars.

The only thing I can think of causing this is the phone isn't connecting to the same amount of towers, or the same bands as before the update. Perhaps they tweaked the priority of bands the phone locks onto, and messed with CA.

Only Samsung/Rogers will have the answer, but I really hope they release an updates soon, because having my phone say "emergency calls only" and not being able to make calls or send texts is a BIG ISSUE.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

Its 6:39am and I am at work. Mostly windows around. Going from LTE to G and then E in the matter of half an hour and then back to LTE. Draining the battery by 10% doing this. Been watching it for the past half an hour or so. So it's getting to the point if they don't fix this, unfortunately I will be selling this phone as I can't have a device which does this.

I wonder what's going. Could be what you are saying but only way to know is if Rogers says something to us letting us know.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just a reminder, the August Security patch has been released as of this Morning for the S8 and S8+!

I'm happy to see we are getting them this quick!