Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@gp-se

I play my music through Google Play Music app.  It should be on your phone already, but if not, you can find it in the Play store.  

When you set your ringer volume to vibrate, all notifications should also go vibrate.  After that though, yes, they are on separate volume levels.  Even media is a separate volume.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DeanD

thanks for the help, I'll use google play music. 

As for the volume, is there any way to link them? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se

I don't know if there is a way to link them.  There might be an app out there, but I actually like having separate volumes for them personally, so I've never looked.  However, there is an app for just about anything for Android to change the look and feel of the OS.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

To link the volumes together there is no way to do it from the android stand. You would need to download a third party app to do so.

Music? I use PowerAmp or Spotify. Those are my main music apps. PowerAmp u get a free trial or pay one time and u get the full version which u can change skins, edit the volumes and everything else!
I've Been Around

Samsung S8 bluetooth audio skips

Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S8 ( canadian version SM-G950W ) 

Bluetooths used:

1. beatsX ( 2 different ones ) 

2. powerbeats 3

3. Apple Airpods

4. Bose QC35

Issue: 

Whenever I am walking and the phone is in my pocket, front or backpocket - more often than not, the audo skips, "gargles"or even sometimes disconnect.

I notice that the issue is more noticeable when it's a bit windy, when I am walking. 

There are also some instances even when just standing up and waiting , say for a bus, the audio would skip. 

Tested it with all the bluetooth headphones I have, still the same issue. 

Such a let down , as an iphone user - I never had these kind of problems....

I heard there is should be an update rolling out soon? ( If it's a software issue ) any news on this update ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gsaintpeter

Hmm that's weird as I haven't experienced that on any of the 3 S8 pluses I have had. Only on my G4 and G5 I had those issues...

Maybe it's the actual Bluetooth receiver haven't issues. They tend to have issue as they aren't all made to be perfect. Same with the iPhone :).

Maybe the software would fix that issue. As for when? It all depend when Rogers gets that update and sends it out. Unfortunately at this time there is no word yet.

If u want the best thing to do is send it into repair via the Rogers store(they will give u a loner phone but remember it won't be a S8) or go to a Samsung Experience store and see what they can do.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question is there going to be s8 coral blue coming and when
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

At this moment there is no word when it's going to come to Canada. There is a Coral Blue S8 and S8 Plus leaked out but it's not available in Canada and seems to be exclusive to US as if a leaked out.

" Blass’ tweet seems to indicate the coral blue S8 will be exclusive to the U.S., but I as mentioned earlier, the coral blue S7 came to Canada, so there might be hope yet."

When it does, I will update this thread! 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

Any news on security update for S8? It is listed as July 3rd on software update schedule. Has anyone received it yet?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sbahia

Nothing yet on my S8+. I am hoping for it tomorrow. I think maybe because of the long weekend it's postponed until tomorrow? Maybe. I tried checking in Samsung and with OTA but nothing yet.