cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor

Just noticed today my LTE took a dive. All of a sudden I'm hit like 6-7Mbs. Call tech support and nothing is wrong in my area. Anyone else have problems? I'm in Ottawa and usually hitting 60-70Mbs easily.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Dx9

I am getting 80-120mbs in Toronto. Could be just the weather or area. I noticed this happens at times.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor

Sunny and clear here. Was getting 70mb yesterday. Wonder if the SW update overnight last night messed something. Really don't want to do a factory reset

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Dx9

I did mine around 4pm when I got home. Nothing so far. Hmm

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around

I have my s8 plus now but I keep going over my data limit because of os services (android operating  system)

..last month it used 700mb at once and yesterday it used 2.24gb of data in one day  which is 2 GB  over my data plan....

I was not even using my phone when this occurs nothing operating in the background...anyone else have a problem or is it a software problem with my phone?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raymondtrudeu

This happened with my iPhone 7 Plus. I noticed it was having a major issue. Apple told me it's due to the sync process with apps, background and emails. Also if you leave your internet window open, it auto refreshes the page at times. This can all cause data overages on all phones.

On my S8+ I have 14GB data and always go near 12-13GB a month due to the heavy usage I do (no i do not watch Netflix)..

I would do a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix the issue! If it keeps happening, send it into repair as it could be a software issue.

zeroz3hereo
I plan to stick around
Turn off auto update features that use non wifi networks when wifi is not an option.....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

That could be the reason why as well. Forgot to add that too!

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around
How do I turn off auto update for non Wi-Fi apps

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raymondtrudeu

Go into Play Store - Settings - Auto-Update apps - Auto-Update apps via WiFi only.

This should automatically update any app that needs a update only when you are connected to WiFi. This includes all apps.

holadude
I've been here awhile
Hi @Meomix - thanks for posting the e-commerce number. I hadn't received my GearVR so I called this number and they didn't have my IMEI number for some reason. The kind samsung dude updated my file and said he would expedite. Maybe that's why I got denied for the Speaker promo?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holadude

It seems to be a issue with some with the IMEI not being added. Hmm... Most likely why u didn't get the speaker as well

gp-se
I'm an advisor

Welp I just got a new S8 to replace my iPhone 6s, I'm new to Android and have two quick questions.

1) Is it possible to set the ringer volume and notification volume to be the same? On iOS they are linked which I like so when I'm outside I can turn the volume up, and it'll increase ringer and notification volume. With Android they are separate so I have to increase both independently which I'm not used too.

2) How do you play music on Android..lol With the iPhone I just hit the music icon and all my playlist/music is there. I already transferred my songs, but can't find the default music player.

Thanks guys!

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@gp-se

I play my music through Google Play Music app.  It should be on your phone already, but if not, you can find it in the Play store.  

When you set your ringer volume to vibrate, all notifications should also go vibrate.  After that though, yes, they are on separate volume levels.  Even media is a separate volume.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@DeanD

thanks for the help, I'll use google play music. 

As for the volume, is there any way to link them? 

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@gp-se

I don't know if there is a way to link them.  There might be an app out there, but I actually like having separate volumes for them personally, so I've never looked.  However, there is an app for just about anything for Android to change the look and feel of the OS.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gp-se

To link the volumes together there is no way to do it from the android stand. You would need to download a third party app to do so.

Music? I use PowerAmp or Spotify. Those are my main music apps. PowerAmp u get a free trial or pay one time and u get the full version which u can change skins, edit the volumes and everything else!

Samsung S8 bluetooth audio skips

Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S8 ( canadian version SM-G950W ) 

Bluetooths used:

1. beatsX ( 2 different ones ) 

2. powerbeats 3

3. Apple Airpods

4. Bose QC35

Issue: 

Whenever I am walking and the phone is in my pocket, front or backpocket - more often than not, the audo skips, "gargles"or even sometimes disconnect.

I notice that the issue is more noticeable when it's a bit windy, when I am walking. 

There are also some instances even when just standing up and waiting , say for a bus, the audio would skip. 

Tested it with all the bluetooth headphones I have, still the same issue. 

Such a let down , as an iphone user - I never had these kind of problems....

I heard there is should be an update rolling out soon? ( If it's a software issue ) any news on this update ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsaintpeter

Hmm that's weird as I haven't experienced that on any of the 3 S8 pluses I have had. Only on my G4 and G5 I had those issues...

Maybe it's the actual Bluetooth receiver haven't issues. They tend to have issue as they aren't all made to be perfect. Same with the iPhone :).

Maybe the software would fix that issue. As for when? It all depend when Rogers gets that update and sends it out. Unfortunately at this time there is no word yet.

If u want the best thing to do is send it into repair via the Rogers store(they will give u a loner phone but remember it won't be a S8) or go to a Samsung Experience store and see what they can do.

kh29
I plan to stick around
I have a question is there going to be s8 coral blue coming and when

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kh29

At this moment there is no word when it's going to come to Canada. There is a Coral Blue S8 and S8 Plus leaked out but it's not available in Canada and seems to be exclusive to US as if a leaked out.

" Blass’ tweet seems to indicate the coral blue S8 will be exclusive to the U.S., but I as mentioned earlier, the coral blue S7 came to Canada, so there might be hope yet."

When it does, I will update this thread! 🙂