Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Dx9

I did mine around 4pm when I got home. Nothing so far. Hmm

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have my s8 plus now but I keep going over my data limit because of os services (android operating  system)

..last month it used 700mb at once and yesterday it used 2.24gb of data in one day  which is 2 GB  over my data plan....

I was not even using my phone when this occurs nothing operating in the background...anyone else have a problem or is it a software problem with my phone?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @raymondtrudeu

This happened with my iPhone 7 Plus. I noticed it was having a major issue. Apple told me it's due to the sync process with apps, background and emails. Also if you leave your internet window open, it auto refreshes the page at times. This can all cause data overages on all phones.

On my S8+ I have 14GB data and always go near 12-13GB a month due to the heavy usage I do (no i do not watch Netflix)..

I would do a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix the issue! If it keeps happening, send it into repair as it could be a software issue.
I Plan to Stick Around

Turn off auto update features that use non wifi networks when wifi is not an option.....
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

That could be the reason why as well. Forgot to add that too!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I turn off auto update for non Wi-Fi apps
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @raymondtrudeu

Go into Play Store - Settings - Auto-Update apps - Auto-Update apps via WiFi only.

This should automatically update any app that needs a update only when you are connected to WiFi. This includes all apps.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meomix - thanks for posting the e-commerce number. I hadn't received my GearVR so I called this number and they didn't have my IMEI number for some reason. The kind samsung dude updated my file and said he would expedite. Maybe that's why I got denied for the Speaker promo?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @holadude

It seems to be a issue with some with the IMEI not being added. Hmm... Most likely why u didn't get the speaker as well
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Welp I just got a new S8 to replace my iPhone 6s, I'm new to Android and have two quick questions.

1) Is it possible to set the ringer volume and notification volume to be the same? On iOS they are linked which I like so when I'm outside I can turn the volume up, and it'll increase ringer and notification volume. With Android they are separate so I have to increase both independently which I'm not used too.

2) How do you play music on Android..lol With the iPhone I just hit the music icon and all my playlist/music is there. I already transferred my songs, but can't find the default music player.

Thanks guys!