Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I've read elsewhere that there is a problem with pairing the Bluetooth with the combination of a Samsung S8 and Subaru Forester.   That's the problem that I've got.   I can start from scratch and pair them but as soon as I turn the key off on the Forester, the connection is gone.  When I try it again the information is still in the Galaxy but the two will not recognize each other.    I think it is more of a Subaru issue than Galaxy but regardless they are not playing nice together.   Has anyone experienced this and found a solution to it?    When I had my Windows phone Lumia 920 it paired just fine and never lost connection.   I know that the Subaru can only be paired to one device so I've removed the Lumia and that allowed it to pair with the Galaxy but only until I turn off the key.    This is a popular vehicle and a popular phone so somebody must have figured it out by now.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @virtualraider

Now it all make sense. Your account was made on the US site which does not work with Canadian accounts. So yes then this applies but it's also best for whomever has done this, to contact Samsung through the number I gave out for ecommerce and see what they say. It could be different for everyone. My buddy did his on the Canadian page. So his is still there. Thanks for the heads up though!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Glen_B

Have you tried to contact Samsung Canada to see their response? They might be more help as they could possibly out a ticket out for this.

I don't own a Subaru but on my mom 2016 GMC Acadia and my dad's 2009 Acadia ( they love that model lol) it works without any issues. It could be just on this particular model which is causing a issue.

Call Samsung Tech support and have them open a ticket for u.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Glen_B

What model year is your Forester?

I've got a 2016 WRX, but to be honest, I haven't paired my S8 to it as my iPhone 7 Plus is my primary phone. I can check to see if there are any bluetooth issues with my WRX and the S8 for you.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

There is an issue with BT connectivity. I have the random disconnect with my Gear S3. Samsung has a fix rolling out overseas and looks like probably a few weeks away from North America. United States will have it before us because our carriers are too slow. That's the one thing I hate about having a carrier branded phone. I'll be waiting over a month to have my BT issue fixed. That's the sad part.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone,

Update: Just got an email from UPS stating that I have a package scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It is the Samsung speaker. Can't wait. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gogol

Thats good! I got mine and mt girlfriend's speaker today! Haven't used it yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's a 2014 Forester without the really fancy sound system and GPS.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @Glen_B

Have you tried to contact Samsung Canada to see their response? They might be more help as they could possibly out a ticket out for this.

I don't own a Subaru but on my mom 2016 GMC Acadia and my dad's 2009 Acadia ( they love that model lol) it works without any issues. It could be just on this particular model which is causing a issue.

Call Samsung Tech support and have them open a ticket for u.

No I didn't think that they would answer something like this but I'll give it a try.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Glen_B

Try and see.. Hopefully they do help out!