cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I am having same issue, accept I did not receive an email confirming this. I seem to be able to login via samsung account links on phone but when I use the link to login in via VRGEAR login email link I get an error message saying my email does my exist. So I am unsure if I have successfully navigated this process.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @vitrualraider
Please read above my post toward the other user.

Alternative you can contact the e-commerce team at 1-855-254-4747 to confirm status and any questions u have. They can search ur name and email and check for u.

kgrosvold
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix

I have gotten 3 emails since that say "don't miss your chance to receive a free Gear VR....."  so that has me worried also as you'd think that my email address would be flagged as "registered" for this gift and not send this reminder email out.

Kev

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kgrosvold

I got that email a week after I registered as well. Called the number and was fine. Just incase call the ecomer department of Samsung and they should be able to help u!

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi,

Does anyone have an update regarding the free Level Box  Slim speaker? Still did not get any email from Samsung. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gogol

I got a UPS email and so did my girlfriend. Ours will come tomorrow by the end of day. I know my coworker is still waiting for his. I guess they only have so many that they can send out at a time.

gogol
I plan to stick around

Thanks @MeowmixSmiley Happy

Jk1m
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix do you remember how long it took yours to change from pending status for the mini level speakers? Mine's been on pending since last week.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jk1m

It took 2-2.5 weeks before it changes to shipped:)

Jk1m
I plan to stick around
OK I'm glad to hear that. I was worried that the pic I sent of just the IMEI and serial number wasn't good enough lol. Thanks @Meowmix! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jk1m

No worries! Lol i thought that too but worked! I wonder how they are letting it go through though lol. Atleast we get two gifts instead of one! Haha

virtualraider
I'm here a lot

Hello, For those of you who are having issues login in to your CA Samsung account, but are able to login to your samsung account Via moblil or via US  account login. I was told tp create new login with new email address to register for promotion for VR GIFT; you would also have to change the registered email on your phone for this to work. Samsung Rep gave me this as a work around for the issue I am having. Make sure CA is part of the web address as you need to login on Canadian linked Login.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @virtualraider

Did u call the number I posted above and they gave that information to u? Or did some random rep on Facebook do that? As I am aware they are no longer accepting any applications to get the Gear VR and controller as u already did it with ur original email and account u signed into ur mobile device. If that's how it works, then u do not need to make a new account.. The IMEI number will be added to the new account and won't get u the Gear VR and controller unless they bypass the system and send it out which I don't think they will. Could be wrong though.

Again the Gear VR and controller can take 6-8 weeks to come to u depending when u signed into the account and when they have stock of them.

I hope it works out but if it doesn't, then it seems to be a waste of time creating a new account for nothing. Just a heads up!

Glen_B
I plan to stick around

After many reasonably happy years with  my Windows Lumia 920, I decided to take the plunge and get a Samsung S8.   The transition was neither quick nor painless.   Everything was so simple on my 920, everything was there on the first screen and if not, just a quick swipe down and lesser used apps would appear.   It was easy and it worked well together. If I took a photo, the image was in my gallery immediately.  It was also on my OneDrive cloud so it was available anywhere.  The Galaxy is shiny but seems so fragile. I've already covered up the sides and back with a thick rubber frame case.   This was unnecessary with the 920.  In fact the 920 could be used as a weapon if I needed it.     There are positives.   The Galaxy, whether through Bixby or Hello Google seems to understand my voice without a problem.   Cortana seemed to have trouble with English, although it was nice that she would read things back to me.   The Galaxy is like over stimulation with so many features and so many ways to do the same thing.   It does seem to get better reception and things such as wireless calling can be useful.  The learning curve will be steep but I'll get there.  I have to because Microsoft Abandoned me.   My guess is that they would have 10 to 15% of the market if they stayed the course.  Instead they decided to be the next Blackberry and look where they are.    So sad to see MS shooting itself and it's shareholders in the foot when they had a good product that just needed time to grow and mature.   It's like Betamax and VHS. 

I called number you gave me, who gave me another number. My device did not register as it does on the US site. The information is suppose to migrate to CA login but it does not. My original account was set up in US years ago. Note samsung is aware of the issue and this is the work around they gave me, they also told me others are having same issue.

Glen_B
I plan to stick around

I've read elsewhere that there is a problem with pairing the Bluetooth with the combination of a Samsung S8 and Subaru Forester.   That's the problem that I've got.   I can start from scratch and pair them but as soon as I turn the key off on the Forester, the connection is gone.  When I try it again the information is still in the Galaxy but the two will not recognize each other.    I think it is more of a Subaru issue than Galaxy but regardless they are not playing nice together.   Has anyone experienced this and found a solution to it?    When I had my Windows phone Lumia 920 it paired just fine and never lost connection.   I know that the Subaru can only be paired to one device so I've removed the Lumia and that allowed it to pair with the Galaxy but only until I turn off the key.    This is a popular vehicle and a popular phone so somebody must have figured it out by now.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @virtualraider

Now it all make sense. Your account was made on the US site which does not work with Canadian accounts. So yes then this applies but it's also best for whomever has done this, to contact Samsung through the number I gave out for ecommerce and see what they say. It could be different for everyone. My buddy did his on the Canadian page. So his is still there. Thanks for the heads up though!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Glen_B

Have you tried to contact Samsung Canada to see their response? They might be more help as they could possibly out a ticket out for this.

I don't own a Subaru but on my mom 2016 GMC Acadia and my dad's 2009 Acadia ( they love that model lol) it works without any issues. It could be just on this particular model which is causing a issue.

Call Samsung Tech support and have them open a ticket for u.

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

@Glen_B

What model year is your Forester?

I've got a 2016 WRX, but to be honest, I haven't paired my S8 to it as my iPhone 7 Plus is my primary phone. I can check to see if there are any bluetooth issues with my WRX and the S8 for you.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
There is an issue with BT connectivity. I have the random disconnect with my Gear S3. Samsung has a fix rolling out overseas and looks like probably a few weeks away from North America. United States will have it before us because our carriers are too slow. That's the one thing I hate about having a carrier branded phone. I'll be waiting over a month to have my BT issue fixed. That's the sad part.

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

Update: Just got an email from UPS stating that I have a package scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It is the Samsung speaker. Can't wait.