cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix,

I actually sent my Rogers bill/receipt which was dated back in April. So, I don't know why it got approved. I'm not complaining though. lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gogol

Oh my lol. Well at least u got approved! Not bad! Getting another free gift for getting the phone haha!

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix,

True!! lol..

I was kinda hopeless after I saw your post about giving them the IMEI or photo of the phone/box because I already sent my bill/receipt from Rogers. 

clr416
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Girlfriends huh? Go you! 😄 

Did they also send a picture of the phone box?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @clr416

I meant girlfriend haha. She sent the email she got from Rogers in April that hers had been shipped out. So it worked lol

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix,

Did you already get an email from Samsung regarding the speaker being shipped out? I am still waiting for mine. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gogol

They told me the email says 72hrs but it can take 6-8weeks to have it shipped out.

holadude
I've been here awhile

I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation of my GearVR - is that normal? Received my phone Apr 29.

I applied for the speaker - it's status is pending. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holadude

You are welcome! Just wanted to share it and see if anyone else would get it and indeed some are!

As for ur Gear VR, it does state 6-8 weeks. I know a close buddy of mine contact Samsung nd they said to him they have another 4 weeks to ship it out to him or so. So i guess major delays due to thhem giving out for free

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to apply for the level speaker? Can't find the link on Samsung's site.

Thanks.

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi @AnonymousUser,

You have to sign in to your account. Then click "My Offers" tab which can be found on the top of the page. It should show you the offers that are available for you.

In my case, it didn't show any offer at first, so I tried to register my new product (phone) again even if it was already registered. Then sign out and sign back in. The offer should be available by then. 

Hopefully, this works. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AnonymousUser

Try the way posted above and should work. Also make sure ur Samsung account is up to date with all the correct information.

I tried it out thinking it would get declined but my girlfriend's and mine got accepted and waiting for the shipment to happen.. Same with other here too. I only submitted a image of the IMEI number and the box. Nothing else and it worked.

AnonymousUser

Thanks guys, I see it now.

What did you guys attach as proof? Was the receipt sufficient or did you need anything else?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AnonymousUser

Some showed the receipt but some like my self just sent in a image of the IMEI and serial number including the device. Worked like a charm!

Hope u get it!

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hi @AnonymousUser,

As what @Meowmix mentioned, I am one of those who sent my receipt as proof and it worked for me. I hope you get it as well! Smiley Happy

AnonymousUser

Thanks again, I submitted mine with pics of the phone with the IMEI and serial number showing.

Hopefully that'll suffice to get the speaker.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AnonymousUser

Your welcome. Hopefully it works out and u get it!

Terraforce18
I plan to stick around
Question for anyone able to redeem the Netflix offer. I got a text message about the offer but never redeemed it till now. Tried to redeem but getting a page not found. Anyone able to help

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Terraforce18

Have you tried downloading a different browser and trying on that? Also call tech support and have them open a ticket for u regarding this

kgrosvold
I plan to stick around

For those that received the Samsung Gear VR with their S8 / S8 plus pre-order, did you receive any type of communication after you signed into your Samsung account on the new device to trigger the promo?

I registered for the promo gift on April 4th (I have the email acknowledging this), and when I received the phone on May 9, I immediately signed into my Samsung account from the device (again, I have the email acknowledging this).

However, I have not received 1 piece of correspondence to say anything (gift is coming, etc..).  Getting a little nervous......

I also never got the Netflix promo (unless I did something wrong there).

Kev

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kgrosvold

No you don't get a email after registration of the device other then the " your device as been registered with Samsung" email. The only email u will get regarding the Gear VR and controller will be from UPS saying it's been shipped out. Again it does state it can take 6-8 weeks for shipping of the Gear VR and controller.

The Netflix text message was having issues before as well with some. Call Rogers and have them open a ticket for u.