Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Okay so I realize that not many of you are here anymore having got your phones.  I have the S8+ and I have both a Zagg invisible shield glass curve and an Otterbox Alpha glass sitting in front of me.  I purchased both, but will likely return one.  

Which one do you use?  Are you happy with it?7

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeanD

Keep the Zagg one. My Otterbox Alpha screen protector keeps coming off and there are thousands complaining only on Facebook, Twitter and online about this. I got then to replace it twice for free and still happens. Plus u are only able to use it with a Otterbox case.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Have been using the ZAGG HD for a couple weeks now I think? Been perfect. Not a single problem and the thing went on perfectly with the provided template it came with
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

I have been trying to find that one but Rogers stores have had the generic ones which i hate. Using the Otterbox one atm and its fine but the glass pops out sometimes.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Dx9

I have been trying to find that one but Rogers stores have had the generic ones which i hate. Using the Otterbox one atm and its fine but the glass pops out sometimes.

Popping out Meowmix? Do explain!?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

On the top of the screen protector from the right to the left it comes off off and even when i used the second one i got, still happened again. Go read their Facebook page, u will see hundreds complaining about the same thing on there too.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

I keep tabs on the site for ole time sake and was going to ask @Meowmix a Samsung VR Gear question just to keep him busy 🙂

I use the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear Case.  I ended up taking off the Armour screen film because I messed up on the install twice.  Had lots of fingerprints and dust on the top right corner.

This case allows you to put the phone face down and the screen will not touch the surface since the case lip is just a 1 to 2mm higher.

I will probably go to the mall and get a professional to put on the screen film.

Hope you are all enjoying the phone with the best long lasting battery out there... eat that Energizer Bunny

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone not recieved there VR Headset yet? Or am I the only one?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mathew_blimbaum

I know a few people with Bell and Rogers and still waiting. Contacting Samsung and they got told they are on backorder.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Yeah i know but I need more protection thus why i got the Otterbox Commuter case. I might switch it to my Spigen Armor case for the long weekend thought lol.

Also i ended up applying for the promotion of the free speaker Samsung has ( may 1-26th promotion) when u get a S8 or S8 Plus within that time frame and got a email saying I am getting a Samsung Level mini speaker too lol