Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @RAwhite1987

Nice but it'd worth it for them!
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm Here A Lot

Just a heads up. As I mentioned before I canceled my pre order and picked up in store. Just got gear vr shipping confirmation. So if you are waiting picking up in store might be a good idea ☺️
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Justinrosete

Very good to hear!! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

*Meowmix
Got mine as well.
Bigger box than last VR for a not so big a remote.
Hope I can get all my previous purchases.
Exactly one week after registering my S8+
Goto to give it up for Samsung for a nice promo and efficient deployment strategy.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Yeah I noticed that as well. It's okay it a nice looking box haha. I didn't keep the last year's one. Sold it for $50 about 2 months ago

I got my new S8+ replacement a couple minutes ago and put in the Alpha screen protector and the Otterbox Commuter case on it!
I Plan to Stick Around

You have to start back into VR slowly 🤤😢
Oculus has a freebie DEAD AND BURIED nice western themed Zombie shoot em up made for the VR Controller. Lots of fun, accurate tracking of controller/6 shooter. The mechanics is awesome and the graphics spot on with themed western audio.

My older apps were still available on the Oculus store once I signed in.

Roller coaster fans have to try Rilix VR roller coaster simulator. Warning sit down if you get motion sickness.

Compared to my old S6 Edge, the S8+ did not even get warm. The S6 used to overheat and you would have to stop or pause game play . Good job Samsung on battery and power utilization.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had been waiting for so long to pre-order and keep saying me on the waiting list. I was from position #75 to #54 to #29 everyweek by week. And I just received email this moring saying that i am position #22 out of 141. Just move up 7?? I really can't wait for anymore. Main point is device is availble everywhere in the store. What does that really waiting for?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wood121

Actually most stores in Toronto and in the Vancouver area do NOT have the S8+ in stock. Maybe one but that's it. You are welcome to go to them if u wish and see if they can access u account and see if they can do the upgrade. Unfortunately this is how it goes.. I explained this before. Also Rogers has been getting small. Shipments from Samsung. So thus why they haven't really been seeing much movement.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well I had an older Apple Watch in mint condition. Since i switched to the S8 I don't have a need for it anymore so I was able to swap it for a brand new sealed Gear VR with controller. Pretty cool. Just have to get used to the thing. Kids love the Roller Coaster one.