Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@something1965

If you don't have the correct FastCharge 2.0 or 3.0 adapter, then you will not fast charge.  However, there is a FC adapter that DID come with the phone from Samsung.  You just need a cable to go from the adapter to the pad.  However, be aware that not all cables are even capable of carrying that current.

Most USB charging cables are made with 28 gauge wire which will barely handle 500mah.  Thicker charging cables will be made from 28 gauge data lines and 24 gauge charging lines.  These 24 gauge wires can handle up to 2amps, which will initiate fast charge.  However, quick charge 2.0 is based on 9 volts at 1.67 amps, or 5 volts at 2 amps.  5v is slightly slower, but still a fast charge.  Fast Charge 3.0 is based on 12 volts and 1.5 amps, and can ramp to 20v at times as well.

The adapter that came with the phone will do a 9V/1.67a charge for that pad, if it can pull it, enabling quick wireless charging.

If you want a better charger adapter, anything from Anker on amazon.ca will fit the bill nicely and Anker makes very good quality charging and USB accessories.  Here is a link for a single port Anker QC 3.0 charger to go to your current charging pad.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016LO4UTA?camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B016LO4UTA&linkCode=as2...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok thanks

Dedication level: Same cell number since1988 (Cantel)
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @something1965

Hopefully yours works when u use the fast charging adapter ur phone came with!
I'm Here A Lot

Heyo,

Just a heads up for business clients. I was 3 out of XXX. I needed new device as i was leaving on trip. Decided to just pick one up in store instead. So i canceled my business Pre-Order & thought it just forgoed the VR.

Contacted Samsung & they told me that even though it wasnt a Pre-Order. Since i registed for the VR already I would still get the VR bonus. I confirmed multiple times with the Agent.

With that said, I do not have it in hand & have not gotten a shipping email as of yet. But have a transcript of the chat with the agent. Samsung.jpg

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Justinrosete

Glad to hear. Although that defeats the purpose of doing a pre order if that way works lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Like is it always this slow?

I have a black s8+ pre order.

April 22nd I was 257.

Now 13 days later I'm 218.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Chimcham

Unfortunately the warehouse is slowly getting units in but very little only. Seems like Samsung hasn't sent then a big shipment after the last one
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@romtim

I too orderd via phone on March 30th.  Coporate customer due to Plan that I have.

I had tried to order online but it would not let me buy it outright.  The option was there but it did not change page when I clicked on it.

Spoke with two Rogers customer care first before being connected  - Consumer ---> Business ----> Corporate

I was able to order the phone while driving in my car and the sales rep even texed me my confirmation number because I told him I could not write it down at the time.

I did ask about the Promotional Gear VR specifically at the time and he reminded me that I had to register with my order number on the Samsung Promotional Web site.

I am sorry you missed out on the Gear VR promo.  I did also notice it on the Rogers web site when I was trying to initially order online.  In fact I had to go back there to get the link.

I was # 27 when I put in the oreder and my first email confirmation from Rogers told me I was #27 out of 53 later that evening.

I recieved the phone on Friday April 28 just afer noon and less than 24hrs after Rogers sent me notification that it had been shipped.

Best of luck you will enjoy the phone once you have it in your hands.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is an app that must have come with the S8+    Sys-I

Its pretty awesome app. 

You can see everything about your phone in real time.

OS

Internal Storage

Java VM

Processor

Memory

Display

Hardware

Battery Stats - everything is show from voltage to temp

Network Info

Sensors - there are 2 screens full of sensors ??

GPU

Of note; under DEVICE - Memory you will see

Total RAM: 3372 MB

Free RAM 85? +/- 5MB

There is a little note just above that reads ;

Note: Total RAM seen here may be different than advertised due to shared GPU memory

That sorta sucks.  The GPU should have had its own dedicated VRAM

Also the Device looks like it was codename "dream2qltecan"

Just thought this might be intersting for folks with phones on here.

@Meowmix 

hope this is not a repeat, gotta keep your alcohol conumption down.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Actually I was looking st thay my self last night!

I like the code name though lol. I changes my device name to that one instead haha!