Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

How long did it take you to get the text measags?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the phone since Friday night but only opened it last night as I was away for the weekend. So, it only basically took me less than 24 hours to get the message.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gogol

Very nice!! 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick question for everyone...

Does your edge lighting feature work when you get a notification? I already tried everything to make it work but it is not working for me.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gogol

Just got my Netflix text as well! Seems they send them out in the same batches.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gogol

Mine works ONLY if I have the face of the phone laying down and with all apps enabled to use it!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gogol

I haven't enabled edge alerts.  I'm a front screen kind of guy, and all the alert icons appear on that just fine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy S8 Wireless Charger

Seems that the current wireless fast charger (stand) EP-NG930 can charge slowly an S8 but not Fast Charge because the charging pad apparantly has only 1 coil where the new Convertible Wireless Charger has 2 or more coils.

Rogers does not seem to carry carry a compatible S8 wireless charger.

Any insight if all true and when will Rogers start to supply the compatible Samsung Convertible Wireless Charger EP-PG950TBEGCA anytime soon?

Dedication level: Same cell number since1988 (Cantel)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@something1965

Why does it have to come from Rogers?  Can't you order that unit from other shops?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @something1965

Unfortunately that is incorrect. Indeed the wireless charging pad Model # EP-NG930 does do fast charging wirelessly with the S8 and S8+. I have a S8+ and this charging pad and it works just fine doing fast charging on it. As u can see on the links below I took just now, it shows u that too. Maybe u are NOT using the fast charging adapter? Or maybe u need to attach urs knwthe outlet instead of a powerbar. Mine works just fine as u can see so yes it does work without issues. Many of us 2 weeks ago confirmed this too on here and when speaking to Samsung Canada. @DeanD@ it works just fine. Maybe they have not enabled fast charging or using the adapter for fast charging. Also Rogers won't be carrying it until later on from what i was told. Also yes the new wireless charger pad has 2 or more coils, this one has one which works just fine but it won't charge the phone As fast as the new one with more coils. However it does do fast charging. 

http://tinypic.com/r/2nhixll/9

http://tinypic.com/r/23tio49/9

http://tinypic.com/r/33mx7v9/9