Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @xxm00

Yes it's normal. As i said before and on page 260, you will get a email saying u have registered the device and the next email will be the shipment email from UPS. That can take 6-8 weeks. Some got it early and some are still waiting.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

So i used the dual audio for the Bluetooth settings.. Paired my Matte Black Beats Studio with my normal Blue piston Bluetooth speaker I got back with the iPhone 6 ( couple years ago).

Paired both and worked! You do NOT need both Bluetooth headphones or speakers to be 5.0. It can work with lower ones!.

Amazing feature. I never tried it until today actually!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried the adaptive sound with UHQ audio enabled and the volume at full. I am now deaf. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

I just tried that on mine too! I think I need hearing aids lol
I Plan to Stick Around

They seem to have fixed the problem where some of us couldn't redeem the 6-month free Netflix promo. I tried it again today and it worked. It takes you to Netflix and after you log-in--if you have an account--it says $59.94 will be applied to your account, meaning you won't have to pay for the next 6 months (if you have the $9.99/mo account). If anyone else had that problem, try it now and it should work.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @you

Glad they fixed it! :).
Highlighted
I've Been Around

We ordered 2x S8+ on April 17. We blindly assumed that we would receive the Gear VR promotion automatically. Now after scrolling through hundred of pages on this forum, we realized that we need to fill in a form on SAMSUNG's site to receive the GearVR.

The only problem is: The page is expired on April 20.

What should we do to receive the GearVR promotion at this point ? Did anyone call Samsung and successfully with the claim over the phone after April 20 ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kpham1

Unfortunately there is no way of doing it unless u call into Samsung and see if they can fill out a form for u. Most of us if not all have done the form when we posted the link. So i doubt anyone else has not done it unless they haven't seen the link or this thread.

Try calling into Samsung and see if they can dill something out for u. I'm pretty sure they can.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well it's May 1 and no shipment of my S8+ in AB yet. This is getting to be ridiculous

Customer service again could care less.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@defender when did you preorder?