Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @xxm00

Those are the sensors and cameras in the top. That's how they put the sensor where it shots off the screen when u place the phone on ur ear during a call, another one is the LED notification light, front camera, iris scanner and another sensor to that works when u use auto brightness.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Haha I know but I wasn't talking about those ones, sorry wasn't clear enough. Upon closer inspection I think it might be a leak or something..? Here's a picture of it.

http://imgur.com/a/YSpPx

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xxm00

Oh my that's a leak on thr display.. Contact Rogers or Samsung immediately and have them replace it.. Actually call Samsung first as Rogers will try to blame u instead..

Thats no good.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hm.. since it's between 0-15 days Rogers should be giving me a new device right? I was thinking of taking it back to the store tomorrow.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xxm00

Most likely the stores may not have one in stock but u can check. Make sure u let then know what's going on. This isn't good at all if some are like this now either. If Rogers store does not want to help, ask to speak to the manager. If that fails ask to speak to the district manager if that goes that far.

Let us know.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, was told today that they do not have any of the purple ones in stock and how it's difficult to get more of them from Samsung... Was just hoping they'd order a new one or find some way to replace it but you think contacting Samsung would be better (and faster)?

The staff at the store I go to (First markham place) is really nice so I don't think there's going to be any problem with them. My SIM card slot was stuck on my old phone today and after attempting for <10 mins or so they ran out the store to ask someone else in the mall to help haha.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xxm00

The stores can NOT order u a new one. That would be the call center but it has to be in stock. They can order one but it could take weeks to get it in. So unfortunately my suggestion is to go straight to Samsung and see what they can do for u as i know they have stock of them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Perhaps if he lied and told Samsung his phone was smoking and overheating they would send him a replacement straight away?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Alright, I'll try contacting Samsung first. Thanks @Meowmix!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Now you know that can't happen lol. They would put a investigation on it and check the phone out. If they deem ur device had NOT Issues like that they will want the replacement back and send urs back lol. Also cause more issues then anything.