cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

No worries! I did that with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had a Adapter and used my G4 until I got the S8+. I have a spare sim card in the bag and the adapter lol

comcry
I plan to stick around
My new phone has the red /pink tint 😭

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around
@comcry did you run the os update?

I am guessing you tried the RGB toggle

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting @comcry

Oh no :(. Mine is a bit redish but not as much

The update has not been pushed out by Samsung yet. The update u guys get once u turn in the phone is to block the bixby button from being remapped and includes carrier settings.

Samsung should be releasing the update soon.. Unfortunately even doing the RBG mode, it won't fix the issue as it will make it worse or slightly a bit better but still noticible. I have tried it on mine with the Samsung settings it says but still noticible sadly..

comcry
I plan to stick around
@Leslieiswaiting

I haven't ran the update yet. I'll have to look into the other thing you mentioned. As I'm clueless at the moment.

Someone told me to watch the Peru4k video on you tube... Wow! On the surface the phone does seem similar to the s7; however, one I started using it. It is so fast, smooth and crystal clear! I'm excited about the future of Bixby! So far, minus the tint, I'm very impressed!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

As i said.. The update that u first get is NOT the update that Samsung sends out to fix this issue. Samsung has not released the udo at yet to us.

That update is ONLY to force the Bixby button not being remapped and also carrier settings :).....

Becareful with the screen though. It does tend to scratch very easily and I noticed one on mine as well and my buddies s8+.

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around
I sorry to hear you have this issue guys. I am not saying you did not try this but the Blue light filter in the on position will give you a pinkish colour. You can mess around with the settings until the patch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Only if the screen is pure red or pink. Not tints of red or pink. Mine gives me a yellow color as its supposed to like it worked on my Note 7. When u use the Blue Light Filter, it turns the screen more yellowish. I should know lol. I'm using Blue light filter and it's the same exact color without it other then the yellow coloring it's suppose to do.

Anyways hopefully they bring out the update sooner rather then later.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @comcry

As i said.. The update that u first get is NOT the update that Samsung sends out to fix this issue. Samsung has not released the udo at yet to us.

That update is ONLY to force the Bixby button not being remapped and also carrier settings :).....

Becareful with the screen though. It does tend to scratch very easily and I noticed one on mine as well and my buddies s8+.

@Meowmix 

This is why I got the Defender Series Otterbox. You can buy a form fitting screen protector for it (Alpha Glass) that helps prevent scratches. 

An ounce of prevention goes a long way. Only problem is that the Alpha Glass is . near impossible to find in Canada. Even Best Buy mobile does not know it exists.. at least the clueless rep did not know about it. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

Hmm most likely will get it. I have a pending order for Samsung Canada to ship me a replacement for my S8+ if they do not send out the update by Tuesday next week.. So I'll check it out Monday on my day off and see for that screen protector!

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix
If you play around with the Blue filter opacity from left to right 0 - 100 on my screen it goes from white to a light orange. Since yellow is a primary colour the only way to get orange is to add red.
I am guessing that you could play around with the opacity slider which is defaulted to centre. Or you could just wait for the fix .

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

You can either buy it online via Mobilefun in Canada, Otterbox website (US site) or Pacific Mall. I am going to the Pickering Flea Market tomorrow, if I see it there I will let you know. 

I got the Defender off the Best Buy website earlier this week but that is only half the battle. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting

As i said. Mine goes to yellow and a bit of orange and not pink or red. I am even trying this on the Note 7 ( yes my buddy still has it due to Samsung Canada not giving him a box to send it back. He sent one back but the other one no because they do not want it lol).

Either way. We hope this update fixes it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RAwhite1987

Yeah most like will get it on Monday. Let me know as i am heading to Pickering on Sunday anyways. If not then Pacific mall it is!

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around
after registering your phone with Samsung by logging in to Samsung account I got a message thanking me for registering... how long before I get the email saying the gear vr is shipped

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Well I swapped my iPhone 7 Plus for the S8+ straight up today. Phone is 3 days old. Person I guess didn't dig it and wanted an iPhone again. Haven't been on Android since Sept with the Note 7. Pretty nice. Just feels different so much today but getting used to it lol

Rafiqk
I'm here a lot
I jist got an email that my s8 has been shipped to the Rogers Store. Does that mean it will be there tommorow for pickup?

KC-
I'm here a lot
Thinking on importing a Gold S8 Plus...says it suports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20, 28.

Will it work with my Rogers plan?

adamacf20
I'm here a lot
Got the vr today phone last week but no msg for 6 month netflix?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @adams85

They are having issues with that. They will be sending out another text to the customers regarding it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raymondtrudeu

It all depends. It could take a week or 6-8 weeks like they have said. All depends on when Samsung sends them out now. I got mine a week after I registered