cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@defender

You won't find the other companies much better.  Believe me, I've been through Bell, Wind (Freedom), Telus, and Rogers.  I will admit though, this last experience has soured me on Rogers now too.  The support folks are among the worst I've had to deal with regarding this whole pre-order fiasco.  Telus has been the best of the bunch, however, they are also the most expensive.

Mazeroni
I plan to stick around
As a distraction from the frustration and disappointment many of us are feeling I suggest checking out this video.
https://youtu.be/Is8xVvXEnag
yes it voids the warranty and yes it disables key features but . it looks good!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @defender

Live Chat agents can't see much on the orders.. U would need to call in and see if they can search for it and see. Unfortunately it does state that u aren't guaranteed to get it at launch or before anyone else.

@RAwhite1987

"It took literally 2 weeks between the first and second batch to get mine and I thought it was going to take longer. In the future the best thing to do is reserve and ship to the store. This way you can keep track of it. "

That's the thing. I was never offered the option to ship to a store. I can actually provide a transcript of the conversation and the rep telling me I can't do in store pickup

@DeanD

My girlfriend is with Telus our experiences are night and day. I am considering paying the penality once I receive the phone and switching. It's not worth saving the extra $10/month. Took 2 stores and 3 online chats just to get my preorder in. For some reason because I'm on a corporate discount no one seems to want to help me

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @defender @RAwhite1987

Its a business or corporate account so ship to store is not available to them. Only straight to their homes sadly.

Do remember switching just because one person is having good service doesn't mean u will have it too.. Go read the horror stories on their Facebook to know. This goes with everyone and all companies

DeanD
I plan to stick around

I just got confirmation in my inbox that "Changes have been made to my account".  I was just fully charged for the S8+, and I see my IEMI number on there!  Hopefully shipping happens tonight.  This is the first update that I've had on it since April 11th, other than calling and bugging support staff.  Looks like I'll be having fun next weekend setting it all up.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DeanD

Yay!!! That means ur device is in the warehouse and ready to ship out!! 🙂

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around

For all those fortunate enough to get a shipping email confirmation from Rogers:

It appears that the tracking number will not exist in the UPS System until around 7:30PM (EST) later that day.

The first level message on the UPS site will simply say that the Label has been created  🙂

This is sure to test one's patience as this whole process seems painfully slow......

I am reminded of a Spock quote " You may find that after time, having is not so pleasing as wanting.."

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Yes that was also mentioned before as well. UPS doesn't update their systems until after 7pm or 8pm. The next update will be later tonight or tomorrow morning after it gets it's final scan out!

Yeah sure is!

comcry
I plan to stick around
Omg I've been trying ask day to post here! The loading screen won't stop loading. Anyone else experiencing this? Tried on my phone and in a desktop!

On another note, at 9:30 am I received my shipping notice. I'm very excited! Praying for tomorrow but the realistic side of me says Monday! Would have been nice to play with it over the weekend!

Prior to this email, I had no updates at all other than the weekly update.

And my tracking number is showing has no tracking information available. But I see it may take a bit to process.

comcry
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Now that I received my shipping notice how long until I receive my device? And how do I claim my free gift? And what about Netflix?

Oops, three vodka shots for me! Lol. Just joking of course! 😉

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

Now this includes a shot of rum and tequila haha:p

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around
Sorry for the repeat posting, there are over 2466 messages on here so I did not read them all but I am sure it won't hurt to remind folks every now and then about the more common elements of their Pre Order dance. You can have a shot of single malt on me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting

We should really have a game of drinking on here lol or atleast something to pass the time haha 😛

comcry
I plan to stick around
@Leslieiswaiting

No need to be sorry. That's what the forum is for. I was just sharing some humour now that I'm finally moving along. Two weeks after everyone else received there phones. Definitely going through Samsung for the Note!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

I want to see the forums when the next iPhone or Note device comes out haha.

comcry
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

I'm sure you will be at the center of it all and we are all lucky for that! Roger's should really hire you.

I can just imagine it, we call in, you answer and we finally get a legit response and in seconds instead of hours. Oh the money they could be saving. 😲

gogol
I plan to stick around

Hello again everyone! 

Just giving an update on my recent hardware upgrade. I pre-ordered an S8+ in black on April 18th and opted for it to be delivered to my home. I still didn't get any shipment notification but I just checked MyRogers account and it now shows the IMEI of the new device. It also shows the activation date of April 26, 2017. I am hoping that I will get a shipment notification anytime soon. 

For reference: I am located in Toronto

Smiley Happy

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around

I think that the next big things will be:

1) A true panel only front screen with multiple level of embed screens on Glass.

2) Next generation AI in some form, it might be Bixby, Alexa or some varient of Google.   But voice interface will be the next big step.   If you think its anoying watching people talk to themselves now on there Bluetooth headsets wait until they are in a two or three way conversation with their smart phone 🙂

There will be many upsides that we can't even fathom, but just think of web pages, news articles, texts, social media, live stream, ebooks being read out to you in regular human speak in multiple languages.

3) Said voice command over internet of things etc etc.... endless possibilities.

Just start saving your $$$$ now 🙂 change is on the horizon and time frames are shrinking you will want to upgrade monthly 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gogol

U will get it! If it shows a IMEI number then they will ship it out tomorrow or Monday!

adamacf20
I'm here a lot
Just got email today from UPS for delivery notification for to.orrow delivery of the VR headset and remote:) registered on April 10 for gift and 2 weeks later gonna receive the gift which will be tomorrow. Pretty fast even thoigh I purchased device from store just on Sunday.

Initially I did the pre order but cancelled because taking too long for device to ship to store. Luckily in Winnipeg they had allot of supply of the s8+.

Just fyi folks if you pre registered for s8 and registered for gift online and havnt received device yet just go to store and request one. You will still get gift even though u cancelled pre registered device.