Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@RAwhite1987

"It took literally 2 weeks between the first and second batch to get mine and I thought it was going to take longer. In the future the best thing to do is reserve and ship to the store. This way you can keep track of it. "

That's the thing. I was never offered the option to ship to a store. I can actually provide a transcript of the conversation and the rep telling me I can't do in store pickup

@DeanD

My girlfriend is with Telus our experiences are night and day. I am considering paying the penality once I receive the phone and switching. It's not worth saving the extra $10/month. Took 2 stores and 3 online chats just to get my preorder in. For some reason because I'm on a corporate discount no one seems to want to help me

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @defender @RAwhite1987

Its a business or corporate account so ship to store is not available to them. Only straight to their homes sadly.

Do remember switching just because one person is having good service doesn't mean u will have it too.. Go read the horror stories on their Facebook to know. This goes with everyone and all companies
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got confirmation in my inbox that "Changes have been made to my account".  I was just fully charged for the S8+, and I see my IEMI number on there!  Hopefully shipping happens tonight.  This is the first update that I've had on it since April 11th, other than calling and bugging support staff.  Looks like I'll be having fun next weekend setting it all up.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeanD

Yay!!! That means ur device is in the warehouse and ready to ship out!! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

For all those fortunate enough to get a shipping email confirmation from Rogers:

It appears that the tracking number will not exist in the UPS System until around 7:30PM (EST) later that day.

The first level message on the UPS site will simply say that the Label has been created  🙂

This is sure to test one's patience as this whole process seems painfully slow......

I am reminded of a Spock quote " You may find that after time, having is not so pleasing as wanting.."

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Leslieiswaiting

Yes that was also mentioned before as well. UPS doesn't update their systems until after 7pm or 8pm. The next update will be later tonight or tomorrow morning after it gets it's final scan out!

Yeah sure is!
I Plan to Stick Around

Omg I've been trying ask day to post here! The loading screen won't stop loading. Anyone else experiencing this? Tried on my phone and in a desktop!

On another note, at 9:30 am I received my shipping notice. I'm very excited! Praying for tomorrow but the realistic side of me says Monday! Would have been nice to play with it over the weekend!

Prior to this email, I had no updates at all other than the weekly update.

And my tracking number is showing has no tracking information available. But I see it may take a bit to process.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Now that I received my shipping notice how long until I receive my device? And how do I claim my free gift? And what about Netflix?

Oops, three vodka shots for me! Lol. Just joking of course! 😉
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

Now this includes a shot of rum and tequila haha:p
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for the repeat posting, there are over 2466 messages on here so I did not read them all but I am sure it won't hurt to remind folks every now and then about the more common elements of their Pre Order dance. You can have a shot of single malt on me.