Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

My reservation was in progress for about a week before it shipped. I revieved mine yesterday.

What case is everyone using? I ordered a spigen case on Amazon which I had waiting for me when the phone arrived. But was thinking of getting the otterbox strada which looks pretty sharp in pics and videos.

Also are we supposed to get an email once logging into the phone with the samaung account used for the free gift?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Very nice!!! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@LioGetz wrote:
My reservation was in progress for about a week before it shipped. I revieved mine yesterday.

What case is everyone using? I ordered a spigen case on Amazon which I had waiting for me when the phone arrived. But was thinking of getting the otterbox strada which looks pretty sharp in pics and videos.

Also are we supposed to get an email once logging into the phone with the samaung account used for the free gift?

@LioGetz I am using the Otterbox Defender series with Alpha Glass. I learned my lesson the hard way many years ago with the iPhone 3GS wherein I had a skin but no actual case. That iPhone ended up cracked, chipped and waterlogged. 

I know some people think they are big, bulky and overkill but at least the phone will survive pretty much anything compared to a thin, fashionable case which will obliterate the phone if it is dropped. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I just the ups tracking and see that it's been delivered to the store in the morning. I haven't received any call yet. I'll be calling soon.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LioGetz

Once u log into Samsung account on the S8 or S8 Plus, u will get a email saying u registered the device. That's all. U will have to wait until a shipment email from UPS saying it's shipped out.

Also i have 4 cases. 2 Spigen ones. ( Armor case, Hybrid case) and 2 Samsung ones ( LED Flip case and the Clear Cover flip case with stand.). I am using the clear cover case.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ahmed123

Yes that could mean that they got busy or shortt staffed so they couldn't call u. Call them and ask for it. If they give u any problems, just tell them that you see it was delivered and the name who signed it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an FYI, but may not be the case for everyone...

I preordered the phone in early April and was in progress on launch day. I caved and decided to pick up the phone at a rogers store rather than wait for my preorder since I didn't care too much about the gear vr.

I just got the shipping email of my gear vr today, so I guess there's still a chance for others who did the same thing I ended up doing.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bryan2k5

Not bad! Hopefully u aren't the only one and many get it!
I Plan to Stick Around

My VR's on the way. Woohooooo

I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting on my Netflix text message though, lol