cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GibMcFragger

Mt first S8+ didn't have any issues like that. My second one has a small tint of red but only noticible when turning the phone that's all.

You would think that right lol

StevenSherwood
I've been here awhile

It was the S8+ model 

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@GibMcFragger wrote:
Lol yea, there are always a few that have issues, iPhone included.

Unfortunately, this pink display issue seems to be wide spread. Samsung is issuing a software update to help calibrate the red down, but it won't help most of them, as the pink is only SECTIONS of the display. Hopefully the replacement is better. It's a great phone other than that. The location of the fingerprint reader is really bad, but the lightning fast iris scanner makes up for it.

It's just funny that the biggest seller (the Infinity display) has issues out of the box. You'd think they'd check/calibrate them better at the factory, lol.

@GibMcFragger I had read that the fix through software could only be done by an authorized tech center as well.  This won't be a "public" patch to fix the red issues just yet.  

@Meowmix I think they will fix your pink issue with a software update later on, but you could get the fix right away at a Samsung repair place maybe? 

The whole red/pink screen thing is going somewhat viral on the cell phone sites I've read, but samsung has promised a quick fix.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DeanD

I'll wait and see what the update does. If it doesn't fix it, I'll contact Samsung nd have them send me out a replacement. It's not as bad as I thought but still bothers me lol.

I remember having issues like this with my iPhone 5S and also iPhone 6S. Then on my HTC One M7 and Raider. It seems to be a issue with some device. Samsung though gets the backlash because of what happened with the Note 7.

StevenSherwood
I've been here awhile
It was S8+ model

Kriss_D
I've been around
Is there a deadline to activate your samsung account through your new S8/S8+ so you can get your Gear VR and controller? I have registered my email account before April 20th by the way.

StevenSherwood
I've been here awhile
I believe it is sometime near the end of may? I could be wrong on the specific date but I do know it is a little while off!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kriss_D

The deadline to log into ur Samsung account via the S8 or S8 Plus is May 30th. unfortunately if u did not do the pre registration on the Samsung site, then unfortunately u are out of luck as u needed to do that form BY April 23rd in order to get the Gear VR and controller after signing into ur Samsung account.

Since u already did the page for the registration, u have until May 30th. 🙂

DeanD
I plan to stick around
@Kriss_D I believe that you have to login with your device by May 30th to qualify.  Hopefully Rogers has finished shipping out all pre-orders by then.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DeanD

Yes it was answered from both of us :). Thanks!

raymondtrudeu
I plan to stick around

so i got my s8 plus i signed into my samsung account and then i received a email from sangsung saysing thanks for registering your device,,,

is thats all that needed for the gear vr?

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@raymondtrudeu if you already followed the pre-registration instructions that Rogers provided earlier, then yes, that's all you should need to do.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @raymondtrudeu

Yes that's all you will get once u sign into ur Samsung account via the S8 or S8 Plus device u got. The next email will be a UPS email saying it's been shipped out.. That can take about 6-8 weeks but it's coming faster.

clr416
I plan to stick around

Has anyone gotten their VRs shipped out from the second batch?

ColinRaininger
I plan to stick around

I've just spent about half an hour on the phone with a senior Rogers Agent regarding the order of deliveries, and why some people that have reserved theirs on a later date then I preordered mine are getting them before me.
- The final answer after consulting with her colleagues was "We don't have an answer for you at this time. Even though the website stated that prepaying for the phone would entitle you to priority delivery, it has obviously not happened that way, and we apologize. And for any of our agents to have made that statement wasn't appropriate either." (Even though the website stated so.)

The long and short of it, is that the Online Orders are sperate from the Phone Orders, and the Store Orders. Prepay is handled separately from Reservations. They are all different departments, and such, one doesn't guarantee you faster service overall, just faster service over orders from that department. And off the record, I was told "It is all just about marketing, and getting the orders."

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@ColinRaininger, that's very disappointing to hear.  I'm in the same boat as you.  This is likley to be my last pre-order for anything like this.  Until all of this, I was quite a happy Rogers customer as I have not had issues with the service itself, but have heard many horror stories when dealing with Rogers support.  I took no heed to much of that because my experience was different, until I tried to do my pre-order.  Since then, dealing with Rogers staff has been a very trying experience.  Seems that many of them just talk to get us off the phone, etc.  It took 4 people to assist me with my online-preorder, and all of that failed.  It wasn't until the next day (April 11th), that the pre-order actually worked.  I'm guessing that as soon as something touches your account internally at Rogers, there is a flag on the account that prevents any web or online stuff from working until a few hours later.

I'll be patient for a few more days, I pre-paid as well and I'm not getting the service speed that I feel we are all justified in getting.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ColinRaininger

I did state that all the pre orders have different departments but it comes down to the same warehouse. Unfortunately u won't find the answer u are looking for:(. Even the reps over the phone and I said this many times can not aee anything other then what u see or know sadly.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @clr416

I don't think so. I only see the ones who where in the first batch got there's or waiting still.

Leslieiswaiting
I plan to stick around

Second attempt at posting this so I hope its not duplicated

I think I have movement on my order for the S8 + Orchid Grey

I did the preorder back on March 30 just before 6:00 PM  and was told I was # 27 on the list  Corporate/Business

As of last Friday - Launch Day I was moved up to # 7 of 187 then # 6 but remained there for the most part.

For the past few days I was stuck at #6 of 182 until this afternoon.

The #? of #182 has dissapered, at first I did not notice but was scrolling up and down to find it.

There are now two entries for todays date 🙂

In progress(Pre Fulfillment)In progress4/26/2017 2:05:44 PM

In progressIn progress(Activation)4/26/2017 2:09:25 PM

I can only hope to be recieving an email notification about shipping soon.

I am getting excited my  Spigen Hybird Clear case with stand and screen protectors have been gathering dust.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Leslieiswaiting

That means yours is in progress and they are activating it for u! Should ship out within the next 1-3 business days!!

gogol
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ColinRaininger

I did state that all the pre orders have different departments but it comes down to the same warehouse. Unfortunately u won't find the answer u are looking for:(. Even the reps over the phone and I said this many times can not aee anything other then what u see or know sadly.

Hello @Meowmix,

It is unfortunate that Rogers' customers who pre-ordered won't even know what is happening with their orders. I also think that it is a shame on Rogers part that they can't even provide anything to their customers considering that it is a very well established company. Rogers could have at least sent an email to people who pre-ordered and opted for it to shipped to their homes that their request for an upgrade has been accepted and now in-process. 

Becasue when I did mine, I only got an email saying that I have made changes to my account but nothing about the hardware upgrade that I requested for. 

Oh well, there is really nothing else that we can do but wait and hope that will it be shipped out soon.