Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Kriss_D

The deadline to log into ur Samsung account via the S8 or S8 Plus is May 30th. unfortunately if u did not do the pre registration on the Samsung site, then unfortunately u are out of luck as u needed to do that form BY April 23rd in order to get the Gear VR and controller after signing into ur Samsung account.

Since u already did the page for the registration, u have until May 30th. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@Kriss_D I believe that you have to login with your device by May 30th to qualify.  Hopefully Rogers has finished shipping out all pre-orders by then.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeanD

Yes it was answered from both of us :). Thanks!
I Plan to Stick Around

so i got my s8 plus i signed into my samsung account and then i received a email from sangsung saysing thanks for registering your device,,,

is thats all that needed for the gear vr?

I Plan to Stick Around

@raymondtrudeu if you already followed the pre-registration instructions that Rogers provided earlier, then yes, that's all you should need to do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @raymondtrudeu

Yes that's all you will get once u sign into ur Samsung account via the S8 or S8 Plus device u got. The next email will be a UPS email saying it's been shipped out.. That can take about 6-8 weeks but it's coming faster.
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone gotten their VRs shipped out from the second batch?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've just spent about half an hour on the phone with a senior Rogers Agent regarding the order of deliveries, and why some people that have reserved theirs on a later date then I preordered mine are getting them before me.
- The final answer after consulting with her colleagues was "We don't have an answer for you at this time. Even though the website stated that prepaying for the phone would entitle you to priority delivery, it has obviously not happened that way, and we apologize. And for any of our agents to have made that statement wasn't appropriate either." (Even though the website stated so.)

The long and short of it, is that the Online Orders are sperate from the Phone Orders, and the Store Orders. Prepay is handled separately from Reservations. They are all different departments, and such, one doesn't guarantee you faster service overall, just faster service over orders from that department. And off the record, I was told "It is all just about marketing, and getting the orders."

I Plan to Stick Around

@ColinRaininger, that's very disappointing to hear.  I'm in the same boat as you.  This is likley to be my last pre-order for anything like this.  Until all of this, I was quite a happy Rogers customer as I have not had issues with the service itself, but have heard many horror stories when dealing with Rogers support.  I took no heed to much of that because my experience was different, until I tried to do my pre-order.  Since then, dealing with Rogers staff has been a very trying experience.  Seems that many of them just talk to get us off the phone, etc.  It took 4 people to assist me with my online-preorder, and all of that failed.  It wasn't until the next day (April 11th), that the pre-order actually worked.  I'm guessing that as soon as something touches your account internally at Rogers, there is a flag on the account that prevents any web or online stuff from working until a few hours later.

I'll be patient for a few more days, I pre-paid as well and I'm not getting the service speed that I feel we are all justified in getting.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ColinRaininger

I did state that all the pre orders have different departments but it comes down to the same warehouse. Unfortunately u won't find the answer u are looking for:(. Even the reps over the phone and I said this many times can not aee anything other then what u see or know sadly.