Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @gogol

You most likely will get it late this week or next week seeing how late u pre ordered compared to others that pre ordered / reserved from March 30th and kn.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi.
Thanks for your input.
Yes. I have tried a few of the typical troubleshooting processes, but this issue seems to be solely on the side of the smartphone. My car has no issue pairing with other phones across the three types O have access to which are Galaxy 5/6...iPhone 5/6+...and Windows Phone 8.1/10.

While browsing for info online I noticed this issue is also rearing its ugly head on Pixel devices and Google has indicated it might be a Nugat problem. Samsung support has been unresponsive.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Philbur

Then I would contact Google and see what they say as the OS on the Samsung phone is from Google. Seems like Samsung doesn't know what's going on or hasn't received much about this.

Hmm
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@gogol wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I just want to share my timeline. I pre-ordered the S8 Plus in black on April 18 to have it sent to my home and still nothing until now. I hope that it will be shipped out this week. 

I preordered and prepaid for mine on April 7 to be sent to my home and I haven't heard anything yet.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ColinRaininger

From my sources, it seems they will be shipping out more devices this week as they are expecting more from Samsung.. Now please note this can change as Samsung is responsible for the shipments to Rogers.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered it on the 15th, and it's going to a store.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Toph

Not bad. Hopefully u get the Gear VR and controller.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pre-ordered mine on the 18th of April and received shipping notification yesterday.  I am in Manitoba so I don't know if that has an effect compared to a big metropolitan area such as Toronto or Vancouver! Hope everyone gets the device soon! I am sitting here like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve waiting for jolley old saint Nicholas to show up! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@StevenSherwood wrote:

Pre-ordered mine on the 18th of April and received shipping notification yesterday.  I am in Manitoba so I don't know if that has an effect compared to a big metropolitan area such as Toronto or Vancouver! Hope everyone gets the device soon! I am sitting here like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve waiting for jolley old saint Nicholas to show up! 

@StevenSherwood did you order the 8 or the 8+?  That seems quite late for a pre-order to be shipping already.  Good for you.  I'm guessing you ordered the 8 and not the 8+.  Many of us who preordered long before that are still waiting for shipping notices.  I've not nothing so far on an 8+ ordered on the 11th.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Anyone who has received their device yet, how is it?

Mine is straight junk. My display is Salmon Pink, and when you crank the red adjustment down, the top and bottom edges (about the thickness of the status bar) stay pink.

I have had multiple random shutoffs (shuts off right in the middle of typing something), and it takes 20 seconds of the 3 button combo to get it to turn on again.

Today, after a good hour of usage, my battery still reads 100%.

I see Samsung's quality control hasn't improved since the Note 7 mess.

They are mailing me a replacement, but I contacted them again to see about switching to a G6. I'm kinda done with Samsung.