cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Galaxy S line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+!. The device has a breathe taking new design which includes 88% screen ration, S8 is 5'7 inch screen and the S8+ is 6'2 inch screen, Fingerprint sensor on the back and new Snapdragon processor. Also comes in different colors and includes more features!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Click on the account you want to access ( Some have multiple accounts ) - click on your number ( if you have multiple numbers) - scroll down and click on Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want and it wil,l show you a list which will include the Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ in Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues . The reservation list is different statues and numbers for all models / colors and groups ( Business, Consumer and pre orders have different line ups and numbers.)

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them or going to the store. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online. The store can help you log into ur account and let u do it but there is no pre order list in store.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help Smiley Happy

EDIT - The phone is available in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray in Canada. Maple Gold, Tactic Silver and Coral Blue, along with Midnight Black and Orchid Gray colour variants will be available in the U.S. and other markets. 

So sadly we are only getting the Midnight Black and Orichrd Gray in Canada. Later on we will get the other colors hopefully. 

EDIT 2 - In Canada the S8 is set to start at $1,035 CAD with the S8+ costing $1,115. Carrier pricing is not avialable  at the moment. Soon it will be. 

EDIT 3 - April 21st is when the S8 / S8+ will be launched!

***Edited Labels***

2,931 REPLIES 2,931

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

liyaguangca1
I plan to stick around

I want to know, are the s8+ in the warehouse already and ready for shipment? or it is still waiting from samsung to ship to the warehouse? I want to know when they gonna ship the phone this week or next week? It been too long to get the phone, i really hate this type of hunger marketing. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @liyaguangca1

You won't get those answers as the warehouse does not release thay information.

Again it all depends on what's going on.. It could be that they have them and getting ready to ship out.. Do remember they do not ship out Saturday or Sunday ( sometimes on Saturdays but depends on the drivers). Sundays they do not.

sk8one
I plan to stick around
Device reserved my S8+ black on the 11th, went into progress on the 20th, shipped yesterday evening now on my way to pick it up at the store!

ware
I plan to stick around
I got a call from a Roger's store today and my device is ready for pickup. Will be picking it up tomorrow.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sk8one

Very nice!! Enjoy 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ware

Nice!!! Enjoy it when it comes 🙂

DeanD
I plan to stick around

@sk8one wrote:
Device reserved my S8+ black on the 11th, went into progress on the 20th, shipped yesterday evening now on my way to pick it up at the store!

@sk8one nice!  I didn't reserve, but pre-ordered on the 11th with a pay-now get it faster option.  Hopefully I'll get shipping notice tonight.  I'm jealous.

ColinRaininger
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix, I know this. I prepaid for my phone on April 7, and by the 11th I had received my email from Samsung to reserve my Gear VR.

What I was saying, is the the (4th) Rogers Rep I was connected with on Friday told me that the reason PreOrders were not getting shipped, was because the Gear VR had to be shipped with the phone, and they hadn't received them from Samsung yet. OBVIOUSLY this was a story fabricated to give me an answer and keep me at bay...

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Stupid question for you D. 

My status changed to in progress on April 20th but it has yet to be shipped. Everyone else who had it change on the 20th has had theirs shipped. 

Any idea how long I should wait before I start to get worried? Who should I call if it does not change soon?

I would call the Ghostbusters however I do not think that would be applicable in this case 😛

ColinRaininger
I plan to stick around

@DeanD wrote:

@sk8one wrote:

@sk8one nice!  I didn't reserve, but pre-ordered on the 11th with a pay-now get it faster option.  Hopefully I'll get shipping notice tonight.  I'm jealous.

See?!?!
You reserved yours on the 11th. I prepaid for mine on the 7th. I haven't even received a notice yet - how does this work?!?!

where is everyone seeing their status on their order?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So just got my Gear VR and controller in the mail! Haven't used it yet. Will do tonight!

http://tinypic.com/r/2uh46zd/9

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ColinRaininger

They used the device reservation system.. It's different from ship to home option..

Reservations show u a status and ur number until u go in progress status.

liyaguangca1
I plan to stick around

i'm so regerd that I used the ship home option, the people who used ship to store option get way faster than I did. Waited for like 2 weeks and didnt get any info from rogers. What they see is my order but they have no clues when they can ship to my place. Longest wait ever and I don't have a phone to use at this moment (Because I dropped my iphone 6s to water and it is completed useless at this momment). 

liyaguangca1
I plan to stick around

congratulation! you got ur device and the vr, wow i'm so jealous 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @liyaguangca1

I'll try it out tonight and let u guys know!

I too pre ordered a s8+ with the intention of getting the gift however pre order has yet to arrive still. I spoke with rep at store and was informed if you registered for pre order gift and received email the stating thanks for registering your gift will arrive in 6-7 weeks. He also mentioned that even if you buy phone at store the gift will come since you've already registered for it.

RAwhite1987
I plan to stick around

@sk8one wrote:
@RAwhite1987

You should get it at a Canadian online retailer instead of Otterbox directly & avoid the US exchange & hefty shipping costs. Walmart & Best Buy Canada both have it in stock online & shipping is even free! But if you need the Alpha Glass then Ca.MobileFun.com has both case & glass if you want to get it all in one place. Although I should mention when it comes to shipping costs I'd get the glass from MobileFun & it'll ship for like $4.50 then the case from WM or BB since shipping is free. If you get both from MobileFun both ship out for $28!

@sk8one

I took your advice and got the Defender from Best Buy. Will buy the Alpha Glass later today. Better safe than sorry. 

Fun fact: I once tripped on a curb, launched My Galaxy S6 off a side of a brick wall. The phone was fine and the only thing damaged was 1 clip on the screen protector for the Defender series Otterbox.  Try doing that with a cheap case 😛

Durability is better than fashion any day of the week. 

JanaKate
I've been here awhile
My husband got his phone without the goggles. I was told they come directly from Samsung. I too have been told NUMEROUS different things from Rogers. Super frustrating.

Yeah i orignally pre ordered the s8+ on April 9th and registered with Samsung for gift right after however since cancelled pre order a coupe days ago and purchased s8+ at rogers store since they had a few in stock and the pre order hasn't even budged on status. The Rep stated since you registered for gift with Samsung the VR and controller will still be shipped to address provided when I filled out gift registration.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JanaKate

The Gear VR and controller come straight from Samsung after u do the steps in the link I posted and Samsung and Rogers posted. It can take 6-8 weeks to get it.