Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

I preordered my phone on April 7. My husband preordered his on April 6. He's already got his phone - (we had them shipped to home...his came on Friday) but I haven't even heard about mine yet. I called Rogers and no one could tell me anything. Any one else have this problem?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I preorder on the April 12 and still didnt heard anything back from Rogers.  Keep waiting

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JanaKate

Calling Rogers won't do much unfortunately. They can see a order but they csnt see anything else or when it will ship out.

It could be that urs will ship out within the next could of days
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @liyaguangca1

Remember no carrier store has the S8+ in stock. Seems like they are having issues getting then in stock. Same with bell and Telus. Only Samsung store has them in stock.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not surprising @Meowmix

Apparently there is record demand for the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Perhaps Samsung underestimated the level of demand for the phone and failed to secure enough product.

This seems to be a winner for Samsung.
I Plan to Stick Around

I made a pretty big stink to both Rogers AND Samsung on Friday, as I had ordered mine in the beginning of April.

I was told by a Rogers Representative that the delay was because the Gear VR was not delivered to them yet, and they had to Ship it with the Phone upon agreement with Samsung.

I was told by Samsung after asking me to wait over the weekend for an update that they could not tell me an ETA, and could not tell me why there was a delay.

On Friday it was in stock at my nearest retail store, but I would have given up the promotional "gifts" if i were to cancel my preorder and pick it up there....

No win situation.
I got my Rogers MC bill today in the mail, and i can see that the cost of the phone has already been charged.
Of course.

I Plan to Stick Around

It took me over 3 hours, talking to 4 representatives (the last being a manager) to confirm that my transaction had, in fact, been properly been processed.

I Plan to Stick Around

WATTTTT?!?!?

I was told I didn't receive my phone yet because Rogers couldn't ship it without getting the Gear VR first - that they had to be shipped together!

Seriously, every person I have spoken to at Rogers has told me something different.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ColinRaininger

Calling Rogers and complaining won't do anything sadly.. Unfortunately it does state that pre ordering or reserving won't make u get it at launch or before anyone else. I did make that post many times and also it shows that on the FAQ.

Unfortunately it seems that Rogers and most carriers are not getting many from Samsung to begin with and causing this delay. Rogers however should have made a comment but hasn't. Again no store in Toronto's has then as of this moment. I was lucky to find one that had a black one which i got ( S8+) due to a issue with my reserved one I got. So i had to switch it out.

Yes that is correct. Doing that would mean no Gear VR and controller if u picked it up at the store.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ColinRaininger

You don't get the Gear VR and controller with the phone. You would have had to submit your information on the link below from Samsung and then sign into ur Samsung account on the S8 and or S8 Plus in order to get the Gear VR and controller. They come from Samsung straight. Not Rogers.

Unfortunately u had to register with Samsung before April 20th on their site to get the Gear VR and controller.. U can try and calling Samsung and see what they can do. Unfortunately Rogers did post this and so did I and others many times here.

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/preordergift/English/index.jsp