Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Lol right! I'll give them till end of day tomorrow. Read some posts on here that hinted at tomorrow being the day.
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung USA COO stated that preorders for the S8 and S8+ are 30% higher than they were for the S7 & S7E.

A Korean analyst that follows their mobile division has advised that there's concerns that the S8 sales will take away from, "the 6.4" Note 8 sales later in the year ".
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my gear VR this afternoon! As a fiedt time VR user, I like it! Made me a little dizzy at times but it's fun. So far so good!
I Plan to Stick Around

That's great cez! How is that controller?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd recommend a Unicorn Beetle by SUPCASE in lieu of a Defender by Otterbox. I had one on my iPhone & liked it way better. And despite the fact that it's a fraction of the cost it held up really well & it isn't one of those products where you can say "you get what you pay for" for costing cheap.

This is it on Amazon:

For S8:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XGYNKDL/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_KjS.ybJ6KXGYY

For S8 Plus:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XGWRLTD/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_0cS.ybGYJVRGX

For some reason the one for S8 Plus is slightly cheaper than the S8. At the time I bought mine though for the S8 Plus mine was free & had to only pay for shipping.

There's also a great review about it by FlossyCarter on YouTube here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYt88584R9c
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mazeroni As I don't have any other to compare it to, I'd say the controller is good. At first I thought the pointer was off center, then I got a message saying you can re-center it anytime just by long pressing the home button.. lol
I can only use the VR for maybe 8-10 minutes at a time because it's making me so dizzy I feel like throwing up. I guess it's something you have to get used to? Again, this is the first time I've ever owned a VR so everything's new to me
I Plan to Stick Around

@sk8one

Just curious the Unicorn Beetle PRO SUPCASE.. does it have a built in screen protector or not? Cannot tell from the website. 

I Plan to Stick Around

No it doesn't. The Defender doesn't have one either anymore.
I Plan to Stick Around

I will stick with thr defender then. At least with the defender I get a case specific screen protector sold separately.

With the SUPCASE I have nothing except for off the shelf screen protectors.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RAwhite1987

You should get it at a Canadian online retailer instead of Otterbox directly & avoid the US exchange & hefty shipping costs. Walmart & Best Buy Canada both have it in stock online & shipping is even free! But if you need the Alpha Glass then Ca.MobileFun.com has both case & glass if you want to get it all in one place. Although I should mention when it comes to shipping costs I'd get the glass from MobileFun & it'll ship for like $4.50 then the case from WM or BB since shipping is free. If you get both from MobileFun both ship out for $28!